The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TGC Spring compressor...

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

TGC Spring compressor...

haha i forgot to return the spring compressor to AutoZone. Its been like 3weeks so I take it Im not getting my money back so Im just going to keep it. After I install my rear springs I wont have a need for it anymore so I will share it with all u TGC people. Ill ship it to you for free, as long as you ship it to the next person free of charge also. Hah dont know if theres that big of need for a spring compressor, but if you dont want to shell out money to buy/rent one then here u go and u get it for longer than 48hrs or whatever

This post is probably worthless but who knows :lauging:
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    damn, such a honest idea. repeat: honest idea. i'm down for it, just hope someone doesn't grab who's gonna keep it. great idea though
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Black Magic
    i would like to use it if thats ok i will be installing my obx coilovers and agx's still gettin all the tools in order but let me know if you are gonna do that cause that would be very helpful...

escoson
    u ever see the movie pay it forward with the little boy that was in the 6th sense. this reminds me of the movie pay it forward rite now

:lauging: yah np ill just shoot u a pm once i get my rears on, might do it tomorrow night, but definitely will be done by mon
    7g for life!

Nizzle 4 Shizzle
    how much is it to rent anyway?

I am in the process of getting mine together also
    I called pep-boys before and they told me they would compress each spring onto either the strut or shock for 12.50 each
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nizzle 4 Shizzle
    how much is it to rent anyway?
    At Autozone or whatever, I believe it's free to rent. You just have to give them some money until you return the tool, then you get your money back. I don't have any Autozones near me, so I just bought my own spring compressor.

How much was the compressor Dave? - and as for me, I rented mine at autozone, 40 bux deposit, and just like Seth, I had mine for like 3 wks...I was afraid they weren't gonna give my money back, but they didn't even say a word to me....so, Seth might consider takin' thing back....lol - depending on how much a new one would cost....

i think u can return them whenever u are done..no matter how long its been. as long as u have a receipt. couldbe wrong tho. couldnt hurt to find out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jomin1016)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much was the compressor Dave?</div>

It was $19.99 plus shipping. Click here. I used it twice because when I installed my Progress springs I had the KYB AGX for the rear, but the fronts weren't available yet. So, I used my stock front struts and finally had to dish out the money for the front Koni inserts from RRE. That's when I needed the spring compressor again. So, I think the $20 was worth the investment. I may need the tool again some day.

Experienced TGC Member
    Mine was $40 at SEARS, turns out it was a good investment seeing as how many time I've changed my suspension setup now.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

well, 40 bux seems like a fair price to purchase a spring compressor, just guess it depends on yer needs, cuz I was happy with the deal I got - 40 bux use it as long as I need and then give it back - get my money back - but yeah - if I thought I was gonna need it again, I'd just buy one...

how hard is it to use it? and as far as the back goes~ i have the Progress lowering Springs and KYB shocks in my trunk can i go to pep boys and have them put on the spring onto the shock?

Quote Originally Posted by redattack
    how hard is it to use it? and as far as the back goes~ i have the Progress lowering Springs and KYB shocks in my trunk can i go to pep boys and have them put on the spring onto the shock?
    The tool is easy to use as long as you have an air gun. What made it even easier for me was that I have a table top vise, so I clamped the strut/shock in there and went to work.

balln8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ

The tool is easy to use as long as you have an air gun. What made it even easier for me was that I have a table top vise, so I clamped the strut/shock in there and went to work.
    Yeah,,,without an air gun your F*$CKED,,,I wish I woulda had a table top vise to work with, it would've made it alot easier. It wasn't a complicated task, just time comsuming.

you guys must be weak, i just used a 1/2" drive socket wrench to tighten up and loosen the compressor and im a 150lb weakling

anywho im done with it, next person in line give me a pm
    7g for life!