The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transmission Oil Temp Gauge

Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Icon6 Transmission Oil Temp Gauge

Cant seem to find any post about installing a trans temp gauge for the 7G Transmission...so here's what i did with the one i finally got to finish.

Some transmissions have test port where you can install the temp sender, there's none on my f4a222 tranny...theres a big drain plug and two oem temp sensor port which has sender already installed but the reading/wiring is different from aftermarket temp gauge so that cant be used...i don't like the idea of the drilling the tranny oil pan..so the last thing to do was to tap in the"outlet" oil cooler line with a T-Fitting.

Had to get a thread reducer for the sender..it was too small.

T-Fitting combined.

Temp Sender installed.

Inlet vs Outlet...no diagrams to help me...sigh :(

So after reading a few post from other forums the outlet seems to be at the top, so I went ahead and cut the hose and started the car no oil came out, :|

I don't what cause me to cut the hose when i could have just removed both hose and start the car for a few seconds and check which line spits out trans fluid smh...anyway as you can see the bottom line is the outlet which makes the top the inlet.

T-fitting installed on tranny outlet line to get acurate reading...some install on the oil cooler line but the way i done it should be more acurate.

Glad my hose was long enough so i didn't have to buy a new one i had to turn my trans cooler sideways though for that to work...Sender wire also connected.

I temporarily grounded the sender unit and started the car, gave it a few hard revs and it looks like its working :)

A month later (at the time of this post) i turned the t-fitting to face upwards its now properly grounded ands it's working good so far :) ;)
    Last edited by adriandennis17; 08-04-2016 at 03:32 PM