The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TCL /ABS light issue with locked up front calipers!.

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Icon5 TCL /ABS light issue with locked up front calipers!.

Hello everyone. I have a 2000 galant GTZ V6. My brakes are locked up in the car will not move! At first I was thinking it was the e-brake cable sticking and would mess with the e-brake and it would go away for a couple days. ( I had used the e-brake for the first time in a while earlier that day). Then the issue became worse when the TCL / ABS lights came on. The front calipers are progressively tightening the longer I drive the vehicle. I replaced both front wheel speed sensors today, pulled the battery cable to reset the PCM thinking it might work and the lights would go off (they didnt). I took the vehicle to a friend's to reset the codes but didn't make it. The front calipers are locked up and I had to tell the car back to my place. I check the ABS relay and it was a little loose but not blown. I'm thinking it's an ABS module or something... Please help! Thanks :-)
    Last edited by GTZ123; 08-14-2016 at 12:54 PM

Also I have a leak from the sunroof that is allowing rainwater to come down my drivers A-piller. Is the ABS module located in the drivers kick panel? If so, maybe the water has effected the module causing it to malfunction. Any ideas?

Update. So I checked my rear wheel speed sensors. They don't look like they have been replaced. Looks like they are factory and completely covered in muck. I went to remove the left rear sensor and it pretty much fell apart while trying to remove. I'm guessing I'll have to drill them out due to them falling apart. Hopefully it will fix the issue. I called the dealer and the ABS module is one piece along with the ABS pump. The dealer wanted $1400 for the part lol.