The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone know how to change the armrest?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Anyone know how to change the armrest?

I want my center console armrest to be leather but dont know how to do it? I like doing stuff to mu car myself so can anyone tell me how please?

Just take the armrest off and stitch wrap it over for a much thicker armrest. Trust me, real leather feels less sticky than that fake one lol.

Or take it off and let an upholstery shop do it...they only charged me $40 I just brought the vinyl...

What about your seats? Those look dope

- - - Updated - - -

I want my interior to look almost exactly like you have yours tbh lol

Well the seats are just covers... They fit really well for our car (in my opinion)... The carpet is aftermarket got it off rockauto couple weeks ago for about 115 shipped. The steering wheel is from a 3g eclipse... And the door panels I wrapped em a couple years ago with vinyl from a local crafts store...All fairly simple projects

Where did you get the seat covers? And do you know how to remove the bezel around the gearshift? I fpund a vid on youtube and i was just trying it but i feel like it's gonna break so i was wondering if there was an easier way

Quote Originally Posted by trougtyr View Post
    Where did you get the seat covers? And do you know how to remove the bezel around the gearshift? I fpund a vid on youtube and i was just trying it but i feel like it's gonna break so i was wondering if there was an easier way
    The bezel around the gear shift has a snap in each corner. Unfortunately, it does take force to get them up. Pry carefully at each corner with something soft. The most important thing is to brace/go slowly so that when the clip releases, you don't jerk up on the corner and stress the other corners. Just get each one up enough to release.

If you need, I can take pics when I get home. I think 2/4 of the clips on mine are broken, lol.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD