The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trunk opens on its own after testing out led with trunk light

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Trunk opens on its own after testing out led with trunk light

So back on sunday I unplugged the connector to the trunk light to test out these led panels before I fully commit. I left the connector unplugged on accident until monday, but plugged it back before I went out. Figured nothing would have happened since the trunk was closed until * hooked it all back. Earlier that day my dad moved my car said he smelled something electrical. When I plugged everything back the 194 bulb lights like norm still. But ever since all this, my trunk randomly pops open seems either when I leave the car or enter.

So since I have to work tomorrow (wed) and it's night, I unplugged the connector to the trunk latch actuator I guess it is. I figured that would prevent it from getting power. When I did I noticed the trunk light went out. So i think it has something to do with all of this. Also one of my map light led bulbs is flashing now at random. It's a direct drop in not something I wired or anything.

So my question is by testing the led out for the trunk did I mess something up. I just touched pos and neg to terminals on connector brieflly. The trunk will release by remote still and lock when closed, but at some point unlocks and opens. Makes me wonder if when that map light led flashes and gets power so does the trunk..or did that occur when I unplugged the latch actuator? Gonna check fuses maybe thurs and if need maybe order new map led bulbs. My last set had the same thing happen but didn't notice the trunk randomly opening. Set before those lit fine and my current set did up until now.

I appreciate any bit of help, thanks.

Find a multimeter and start checking grounds if you haven't already.

I'm working on a similar issue myself. My doors will randomly unlock themselves. Sometimes only the driver door, sometimes all of them. Has nothing to do with hitting bumps or anything. Just does it completely at random. I can't find a pattern to recreate it.

Thanks for the tip and good luck with your doors