The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ecu questions

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Ecu questions

Alright guys, ive been searching for and ecu thats tuneable, for my 00 galant 2.4 fed spec, ive switched to manual trans, now i want a tune so i can go with more power mods, i understand i need an ecu from an eclipse 00 to 04 rs or gs w/manual, then get a BHM harness, but ive heard since my car is fed spec i need a fed spec ecu, i also heard fed spec ecu's arent tuneable? Ive seached for a long time and heard so many contradicting things, now im just lost, can anyone help?

If you are seriously considering buying more mods, just buy a stand alone system. (megasquirt, haltech, aem, hydra, w/e) The tuning software alone is worth it. They stand alone systems can scale to meet your demands (Usually), and you have an organization to ask for help when you &^%$ up your basemap.
    If you are really determined to make an OE ecu work, look into socketing.(chipping)
    Any computer is tunable if you try hard enough.

No. Just get an evo ecu or a 3g ecu. They are the same. You need a harness conversion. ECU Flash, Tactrix cable, and evoscan. I have a evo ecu in my car making 500 whp now. EVO ecu is good up to like 1100 whp.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Ecu questions

There are some differences In the ECUs. I know for a fact that a lancer ECU doesn't have a driver for a boost control solenoid. So if you are planning on boosting and running a 3 port boost controller you want a true EVO ECU.

A stand alone is kinda useless on this platform considering you can use the Evo ECU
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.