The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gas door broke

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

gas door broke

I was filling up on gas and when i went to close my gas door,something snapped and now its hanging by the corner and wont close. Anyone know how to fix this? Feel like something else breaks on my car every week..
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

I see gas doors missing on our cars all the time. I think that a plastic piece on the door cracks off that retains the spring or something. I'm sure you can figure out what broke by looking at it. I think you just need a new door

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Mine broke like that a few years back, best bet is to just go to a junk yard and get one, but if your adventurous you can do what i did and fiberglass it, mine broke on the actual door itself so i just took a small plastic tube for the metal rod to swing still, then fiberglass over it, done deal, id post a pic but it asks for a URL? Wtf? All i have is a phone so i guess youll just have to use your imagination

Yeah my plastic piece broke. Guess i gotta get that when i go to the salvage yard lol. I just need the plastic part,right? I can still use my door itself? Is it easy to replace?

If the piece on the door broke gotta get a new door, or fix it, i think the only way to get a new one is take the bolts off that hold the whole bracket on, but its a pain, just get a small wrench and take the cap off makes it easier

When I got my 8g, the gas door was flapping around because the top mount for the metal rod broke off. Because of that, the c-shaped clip on the middle of the door fell off. I went to a jy to get a new clip but just to save a few bucks, I used some JB weld putty I had laying around and fabbed up a new mount on my original door.

Fitment isn't 100% but it looks ok lol.

02' Galant ES 2.4L

Yeah the exact same thing happened to mine lol ill probably do what you did. It looks good