The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trougtyr's Cortana build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Trougtyr's Cortana build

Hey everyone. My name is Tyron and this is my 03 ES G. I bought this car for 3500$ last year and i got fucked lmao. It was definitely not worth that much for the condition that it was in. Had to replace the shocks,tires,and windshield. Oh well. Even though theres a lot of work to be done on her, i love my G and don't plan on ever getting rid of it. I'll post pictures of the work so far wheni figure out how
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

When you're making a post especially on mobile you can select the little icon that has a mountain on it. Between the camera and smiley face. It'll make an IMG URL that'll link the image. At least that's how it works for me

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

So so i have to post it on another site like photobucket and link it or is there a way to poat it directly on here

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/tr...?sort=3&page=1
    Here's what the door panels look back so far. Ive only done one but ill do the other back door tomorrow. I swear i had pics of the rest of the interior but mightve deleted them so ill post those up tomorrow too

Reupholstered door panels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

painted trim pieces black

I did the same with my vents, I always liked what the little bit of black accent added. My dash was even cracked in the same place haha its almost impossible to prevent that.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I did the same with my vents, I always liked what the little bit of black accent added. My dash was even cracked in the same place haha its almost impossible to prevent that.
    Yeah that crack bothers me, I notice it every day lol I plan to fix it when the weather warms up. It was a pain to take out the center vent but I realized it's a lot easier if you just take out the stereo (or just move it out the way) and push the center vent out from the inside

LED dome lights

The dash actually looks like it's in decent shape for these cars :P

That upholstery work on the door looks good, man. For the dash, I'd recommend getting one of those dashcaps. They sell them on rockauto for ~$120. It's a molded ABS insert that will seal over the hard plastic part of the dash, which *should* give you an OEM look.

Keep up the good work!
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Thanks man!ill look into that dash cap!

Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    The dash actually looks like it's in decent shape for these cars :P

That upholstery work on the door looks good, man. For the dash, I'd recommend getting one of those dashcaps. They sell them on rockauto for ~$120. It's a molded ABS insert that will seal over the hard plastic part of the dash, which *should* give you an OEM look.

Keep up the good work!
    +1 for the dashcaps, they are better than those rug covers most people have.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

I couldn't find any when I googled "car I.d dash caps 03 Mitsubishi Galant". Can someone post a link?

The correct name is "mitsubishi galant coverlay"
    There's a whole bunch for sale on eBay you just have to search the right name.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    The correct name is "mitsubishi galant coverlay"
    There's a whole bunch for sale on eBay you just have to search the right name.
    Thanks G spot

Quote Originally Posted by trougtyr View Post
    I couldn't find any when I googled "car I.d dash caps 03 Mitsubishi Galant". Can someone post a link?
    Here's a link to a site a few members have used here. Good source for interior parts.
    http://www.stockinteriors.com/DashCa...ils_box_holder

Here's a rockauto link for our cars. You may need to adjust the year/trim level. It's under "accessories --> dash board cover"
    http://rockauto.com/en/catalog/mitsu...60,accessories
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    Here's a link to a site a few members have used here. Good source for interior parts.
    http://www.stockinteriors.com/DashCa...ils_box_holder

Here's a rockauto link for our cars. You may need to adjust the year/trim level. It's under "accessories --> dash board cover"
    http://rockauto.com/en/catalog/mitsu...60,accessories
    Thank you

Changed shift selector light to red LED

Can't afford to buy rims so I did my best to remove rust from my steelies and paint my hubcaps black 🤷🏽*♂️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast