The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is there anyway I can fit this 4g63t head on GDI?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Is there anyway I can fit this 4g63t head on GDI?

Hi guys! Maybe not the best forum for this but I need help. I have a really nice european Mitsubishi Galant -01 with the oh so reputable 2.4 DOHC GDI-version of 4g64 with the EGR disabled of course. Has only one previous owner with barely 7000 miles on it. But now It's head cracked this weekend and I would like to fix it up. Now for the question:

I've read about the heads from EVO 4g63t fits bolt on on these engine-models. This specific 4g63t is a gen 2 so it is positioned right at least. I got offered one for free and would really like to know if there is anyway I can use it?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by dephilron; 09-24-2016 at 05:30 PM Reason: Misspell

Have anyone even heard of a 4g63t head used with a GDI system at all? If so please share. Otherwise I guess I have to get an ECU and fuel system from a car using MPFI. In that case I really hope it doesn't have to come from an EVO because of the limited availability here in Sweden and tight budget. Would a ECU/MPFI-system from a 4g63 (2.0l) Galant work?

Well screw GDI then. My plan is a 2.4l 4g64/4g63t, n/a for now at least :) The base I had was the 4G64 GDI-block and it's manual transmission. Both in great condition since the car only one has previous owner and not even 7000 miles on it.

I quickly came over an evo 4 4g63t head and made an impulse buy, a bargain I hope
    And since neither the fuel delivery system nor the ECU seems to be of any use I had to search for my next move. My conclusions said the options for ECU either came from an evo or a 3g eclipse. Since the 3g was alot cheaper I again made a fast decision and got it.

So that is right about where we are today. I hope this build is even possible to start with :) Barely know where this is going and have no real idea what the expected end result of this might be, but this is how I learn best. With a limited budget and lack of experience I realize I this is no easy picnic and hope you guys can guide me somewhat.

I know the pistons on this block is and looks alot different from the 4g64 SOHC and has a higher compression ratio(10.5:1). But I've heard they maybe , just maybe the pistons can modified to fit this system. Any suggestions on where I go from here?

Right now I'm thinking of exploring the differences on the wiring harness to make the ECU fit. I have good experience with wiring at least and hope I can modify the existing one to work with the 3g. One of my biggest questions is what, if anything, can I actually keep from the original setup?

I know need a throttle body and fuel injection, and probably intake and exhaust as well right? If so, what might fit, just evo and 3g? I'm guessing the easiest way would be using as many components from a 3g as possible, but that might be both tough to find here and rather expensive.

All thoughts, pointers and help appreciated!

Is forged pistons a necessity for future turbo builds or would a set of Manley 613000C-1 do?