The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: inexpensive car mods

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

inexpensive car mods

What are some inexpensive things i can do to mod my 8G? I'm talking about within 100$ price range. Before you flame me, I'm only 20 and probably don't make near as much as most you guys 😛
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

clean the "f" out of your interior, cars this old usually have all kinds of stains and want not. I use to keep my interior so clean way back when I had interior. It was my pet peeve, people used to be amazed how clean it was but to be honest when I bought it was good to start with.

Light tints are nice touch but that will put you in the $200 range, de-badging is free but keep the 3 diamonds, blacking out your headlights is free but a pain but for a few hundred you can buy them already blacked out and much nicer then a diy job. If I think of any more ill post up.

Okay! I didnt realize how dirty my interior was until i thoroughly cleaned it lol. Thought my shift knob was worn down and losing color but it was just dirty asf lol. And i always saw members on here that debadged but i wasnt sure if it was completely legal so i didnt do it lol. Nothing ever happens in this town so the cops fuck with anyone for anything

Also an engine bay and exterior detail doesn't hurt anyone.. Try that. When I had my civic everyone was surprised to see it as clean as it was inside and out.

Speaking of which,the trim on the drivers side rear door broke off before i bought the car. Can i buy that piece somewhere or do i need a new door?

Its available but its not cheap from the dealer. Check ebay

Just search 03 galant door trim?

- - - Updated - - -

I cant find it. Im looking for the trim near the lower part of the door. I messed with the drivers front one today and it looks like it csm be pried right off so im guessing that happened. Cant find another though. Might just go to a junkyard ig

Are you talking about the fake wood trim or someth8ng thats part of the door card. If its a part of the door card then i dont remember if its removable. Theres a member here that was parting out a whole car, you should look in the classified section he has a for sale thread there. He might have what you need.

Its on the outside of the car. The little strip on the door that says "galant" except its on the rear door. Mine peeled off

Oh I that, yea you can find that at your local pick n pull but it might not be in great shape .

Quote Originally Posted by trougtyr View Post
    Speaking of which,the trim on the drivers side rear door broke off before i bought the car. Can i buy that piece somewhere or do i need a new door?
    Ask JuiceJax for this one, he's been going to the junkyards frequently as of late.

I'm 18 and I'm broke too xD Right now I'm saving up for a Duraflex VR4 style bumper, about $140 and some
    Beige/gold spray paint which will run me another $25 maybe.

Some people get a Mugen Integra lip, prob run you no more than $75 on ebay/amazon.
    Lowering springs? Double your budget, but it makes a decent drop. About $200
    Or you can get some hubcaps from Kmart for $20 ahaha

02' Galant ES 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by TD86_ View Post
    I'm 18 and I'm broke too xD Right now I'm saving up for a Duraflex VR4 style bumper, about $140 and some
    Beige/gold spray paint which will run me another $25 maybe.

Some people get a Mugen Integra lip, prob run you no more than $75 on ebay/amazon.
    Lowering springs? Double your budget, but it makes a decent drop. About $200
    Or you can get some hubcaps from Kmart for $20 ahaha
    Yeah I'm getting the mugen lip in payday,hopefully the install goes smoothly lol

Quote Originally Posted by trougtyr View Post
    Yeah I'm getting the mugen lip in payday,hopefully the install goes smoothly lol
    Cool, post pics when you install it! lol

02' Galant ES 2.4L

$140-cool. Does anybody know why Duraflex wants another $150 for delivery to other states?
    Ebay cost+delivery to Illinois $292.