The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002 Galant 2.4L SOHC engine shaking

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

2002 Galant 2.4L SOHC engine shaking

I bought some new spark plugs to replace my old ones. While replacing my 3rd one (second from the right) i dropped a socket down the spark plug boot. I had no idea how to get it out so i tried using pliers my fingers, screwdrivers, hangers, knives. Still wouldn't come out. Finally i went to home depot and bought a telescopic magnet and after dozens of tries of getting it out, it miraculously attached and i pulled it out. Before i had even got the socket out though i had took the rocker bar assembly, with the lifters and lash adjusters attached off the engine and put it aside in hopes of getting the socket out. At this point i was panicking and had no idea what to do or what i was doing. When i got the spark plugs changed and put everything back together i was so anxious to start the engine to see how it ran. It started but my engine was shaking and loud. i might have put on the rocker bar wrong or upside down but i have no idea. PLEASE HELP. my car will drive and reverse but it sounds like its "stalling" and gonna stop. maybe i need to use a feeler gauge to precisely get the lifters correct but idk. Does anyone know how to fix this??????

Just a shot in the dark, but keep an eye on where its idling at? If its idling lower than it should, probably try cleaning the throttle body.

On my brother's camry, after replacing the starter and reconnecting the battery, the ecu was reset to a pre-set. Idle was very low at about 100 rpm. Mileage is a little on the higher side so there was a lot of carbon build up in the throttle body, throwing off the air-fuel ratio to something else than what was desired in the pre-set. After getting cleaned up, idle went back to normal.

02' Galant ES 2.4L