Hello all again,

I am really stumped and tried to put on one of my rear struts and failed. A week ago, I went over a rather large bump that caused me no issues before (unavoidable, spans both lanes), when I heard a loud thud and thereafter every bump I went on had a loud thud. Took it home and isolated it to the left rear strut mount - the thing that bolts into the body that holds the compressed thing and strut assembly together. It had rusted out. Had to get a new one. So, I have assembled the strut with everything (to my knowledge) in its correct place.

The problem is, the part where the strut goes into the spindle(?) is too high up. In otherwords, my assembled strut is too long to just slide onto that spindle (where the one big screw goes). I tried jacking up the car more on the side so maybe that the suspension would drop more so that I could fit it and that didn't work. I tried jacking up the strut itself but I don't have enough room... I don't really know what to do anymore.

Also, has anyone ever bought a rear strut & mount kit from monroe where they give you new bumpers? Why are they larger than the stock ones and am I supposed to hammer those on to get them on the rod? I have been using original bumpers because they easily slide on..

Thanks again.