The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Attention!! 6g72tt swap in a 2001 V6 galant!?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Attention!! 6g72tt swap in a 2001 V6 galant!?

Hey guys so I have been contemplating getting a 6g72tt engine for my galant, I have a friend selling one from his 3000gt. My question is has anyone on here done this swap and if so can you post a thread link in the comments below so I can learn more about it. I can pick up the motor for a good price and I know the power output is substantially higher. I wanna keep it FWD for now so all the power goes to the front wheels and I don't have to change my driveline to AWD he has the stock turbos, engine, intercooler and some other miscellaneous parts, also will the transmission from a eclipse GT bolt up to the 6g72tt block? Anyways let me know any help is appreciated and I plan to move forward with this project this winter!!

I remember getting flamed big time when I posted a 6g72tt swap thread years ago. That being said, by all means, buy that engine and write up a thread on why it didn't fit and how much money you just wasted on trying to get to fit.

But I do like your plan about the AWD and a transmission conversion now that can be done.

Why would it not work my car has a 6g72 motor in it the only difference is the 6g72tt has DOHC and a bigger manifold with turbos the engine orientation is the same, I don't see how it wouldn't work and I'm talking about a usdm motor not a JDM motor he has thr ecu and everything

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to hear what others have to say about this

The orientation is different, plain and simple. The block is not compatible with our chassis. I had an entire dohc TT build mapped out for my car at one point, and the only thing from the 3000gt it consisted of were engine internals. Everything else has to be pieced together from other vehicles that use Mitsubishi engine designs, and/or custom fabricated to work in our chassis. It's one of those things where if you have to ask how, it's definitely beyond that person's ability.

Besides, in the end, a person would go through all that work and have lower results than swapping to one of the larger sohc v6's and going with a single turbo. And that last reason is why my decision to stay sohc was determined.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

So ok thinking about the bigger 6g7x motors how complex is it to do the 6g75 swap and is it possible to make the move actually work or do you have to set it up to be non mibec, I'm lookin to do a swap in the future and the 6g75 is definitely of interest

Both mivec and non-mivec are solid options depending on what you find and choose to do. The parts list is on club3g in the v6 performance section.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile