The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best tablet for car

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Best tablet for car

Who has installed a tablet into their 8G? What size and brand of tablet did you use?and how did you mount it?
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

Haven't done it yet (sadly), but I'm getting ready to put a 2012 Nexus 7 in. Got a spare radio trim bezel, and I'm going to add on to it to make a cradle so it can go in front of the radio/climate controls.

Kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmbh7eAYL8k

For size, I think anything in the ~7" vicinity should fit pretty well. Check out some of Zobgel's posts; he did a full radio/climate relocation and put a screen behind the bezel.
    Last edited by charris; 11-25-2016 at 10:04 AM
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    Haven't done it yet (sadly), but I'm getting ready to put a 2012 Nexus 7 in. Got a spare radio trim bezel, and I'm going to add on to it to make a cradle so it can go in front of the radio/climate controls.

Kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmbh7eAYL8k

For size, I think anything in the ~7" vicinity should fit pretty well. Check out some of Zobgel's posts; he did a full radio/climate relocation and put a screen behind the bezel.
    Oh that's smart I didn't think to put it in front of the controls I was just going to do like everyone else and cut my bezel and move my climate control to fit a tablet. Let me know how your project goes possibly with a tutorial?

Figured I should update it with the actual result. Here's how the front stack looks now. I glued a neodymium magnet under the hazard switch, and put a little piece of sheet steel inside the back of the tablet. That holds it pretty good.

There are pogo pins in the dock that I've got ghetto-wired to the cigarette lighter. I still need to hardwire it, but it works for now.

Last edited by charris; 01-25-2017 at 09:51 AM

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:

Tutorial of sorts is up in my build thread:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...l=1#post818626

Definitely stealing that idea