The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Addco sway bar

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Addco sway bar

    Really can't tell how many threads has the same name lol
    Anyway, just went through some of them, and found this Addco rear sway bar really interesting,
    is there anyone knows where I can get one of these now? or I should just give it up, they don't make these anymore?

    That leads to another question, how much is the difference between the GTZ rear sway bar and the addco one?
    Like for myself, I'm driving an ES 2.4, will I see a big difference on either of these?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    Really can't tell how many threads has the same name lol
    Anyway, just went through some of them, and found this Addco rear sway bar really interesting,
    is there anyone knows where I can get one of these now? or I should just give it up, they don't make these anymore?

    That leads to another question, how much is the difference between the GTZ rear sway bar and the addco one?
    Like for myself, I'm driving an ES 2.4, will I see a big difference on either of these?
    Took me 30 seconds to find it

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADDCO-2149-S...664090&vxp=mtr


    ADDCO 2149 Sway Rear Bar NOS fits 1999-2002 Galant

    23mm vs. 19mm on GTZ

    $119 shipped on Ebay

  3. #3
    Ha, looks like the email notification is not working again...

    I found that too, does it looks reliable though? plus I found some thread that mentioned there could be a fitment issue, which may cause some noises, is there a fix yet?

    I also notice that Greddy was selling his RMDSM sway bar when he was parting his car, do you think he still has his bar or it's sold? or is there a way to get a hold of him?
    Cos sounds like the RMDSM bar will have the best fitment...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    Ha, looks like the email notification is not working again...

    I found that too, does it looks reliable though? plus I found some thread that mentioned there could be a fitment issue, which may cause some noises, is there a fix yet?

    I also notice that Greddy was selling his RMDSM sway bar when he was parting his car, do you think he still has his bar or it's sold? or is there a way to get a hold of him?
    Cos sounds like the RMDSM bar will have the best fitment...
    I've been using an addco rear swaybar for nearly 2 years. the ONLY issue I have is that because its so thick it rubs on a piece of metal that loops around the bottom of the spare tire well and it also makes impact with the lower bits of the suspension, otherwise its been pretty awesome and tightened up the rear a good bit.

  5. #5
    yea, I did end up installed it on my 8G, and it has some minor fitment issue, but other than that, I am enjoying it :)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    yea, I did end up installed it on my 8G, and it has some minor fitment issue, but other than that, I am enjoying it :)
    Not sure what issues you have, but if it rubs on the suspension a little bit like mine did, it's an easy fix with adjustable length endlinks.

  7. #7
    yes, that's exactly what I did :) feel so good for no more noise from the back lol

  8. #8
    Mine never had any clearance issues. Addco made a bar specific for the Galants.

  9. #9
    yea, mine's also made for the 8G, I think I've seen some posts before discussing clearance issue on 8G specific bars... I'm guessing it may have something to do with the car being lowered......

  10. #10
    Mine is made for the 8G as well. All bars might not have been created equal, and not being lowered also would have made it just fine. Having ran it for a short time with stock exhaust, I can also say that it rubbed a little bit on the stock piping. No clearance issues with my catback.

  11. #11
    Looks like it's another reason to get into the exhaust system :p my mechanic have put some coolant hose material between the pipe and the bar, kinda solved the problem for now.

  12. #12
    I installed the Addco bar on my Galant at stock height, no issues. Lowered it with Megan coilovers, signficantly, no issues. Just installed a 3" exhaust (well, Jigz did lol) and no issues, and it is now lower with new coilovers.

  13. #13
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2007
    Location
    ORLANDO
    Posts
    1,600
    I had this bar years ago and it was junk...created a thread about it...redgalant2k responded in my thread indicating good fitment but the actual design of the bar is different from oem and addco had confirmed there schematic was incorrect...I'm pretty sure I threw it away...I troubleshooted with addco,drove to a remote shop they had in West Palm Beach, and they never actually sent me an updated bar ...the fitment wasn't correct.. bar would sit on the control arms,lacked the exhaust bend, and would hit the spare tire well. Idk about yall but I really wouldn't feel good spending $$ on a bar that bolted on but didn't actually fit right. It clunked when I hit pothole, and pressed the gas. I got lucky and found an rmdsm 24mm bar and never looked back...If you were local id sell it to ya since I don't drive the car anymore
    Last edited by 02redgalant; 07-08-2017 at 10:53 PM

  14. #14
    Though I'm not anywhere close to Orlando, but I'm curious of the difference between addco and rmdsm, I know addco is not as thick, and should feel better, but like, how exactly do we need to do to feel the difference?

  15. #15
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2007
    Location
    ORLANDO
    Posts
    1,600
    thicker the rear sway bar the more likely the front end of the car will likely over steer in hard turns. average driver will likely just notice less rear body roll. My point though was simply fitment ... i'm sure 2mm isn't a night and day difference

  16. #16
    I see, lately I've been trying to testing it out, not sure if I've tried far enough, what I do is just (when it's safe like no cars are around) turning left and right back and forth quickly on the highway, and I do feel some more grip and confidence, it is responsive and feel less body roll, which is great!

  17. #17
    Bummer, it's not on ebay anymore. I wanted to see what all the fuss is about
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

  18. #18
    I have front and rear RMDSM bars. Took forever to find a set. Couldn't be happier with them

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    I got a Addco 2149 sway bar last week, I did reached out to Addco before placing my order and was told the clearance issue was addressed.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •