The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Newbie Build v1

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Newbie Build v1

Well... kinda bummed when I got on here and realized how dead this forum seems :(

Newbie here, recently realized I like my 03 Galant so figured I'd look into building it and came across some good info here so I figured I'd post. I've owned my G for almost 2 years now, bought it from the original owner it had 80k on it and was in mint condition. I really didn't like the look of the car at first, but just started thinking about it and doing research and I really am starting to like what i'm seeing. So why not :)

2003 Galant ES 2.4L Auto 120k

First stuff I plan on doing to it include, relocating some stuff to the trunk, just to clean up engine bay.

17x9 Enkei RPF1's +22 or +35 (havent decided yet) wrapped in some 255/40r17's
    Ksport Coilovers
    LED Projector Headlights
    HID Fogs
    OBX Header
    Custom 3" Header Back
    Front & Rear Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Injen Intake

After that basic stuff is done, I'm gonna 5speed swap it and start building up parts for dohc head swap, as well as stroker kit? maybe and turbo, while I'm building up the parts I'm going to finish up the body with fender flares, bumpers, skirts, ect.

Also may be picking up a second 2003 Galant GS from my cousin for dirt cheap (he attempted water pump/timing belt, and couldnt figure out how to put it back together hahah!)

TOO BE CONTINUED

I look forward to the build! I was the same when it comes to the look of the G, it grew on me immensely after a year or so of ownership.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Thanks! Its probably gonna be a pretty long road to get it to where I want but I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully after tax return time I can really start hammering down on it, but for now I'm just at the research stage still. I've never really done crazy stuff like I plan on this, so I'm just gonna take it slow and make sure I do it right the first time around! Also still got a few bigger things to tackle in terms of tools, I plan on building a paint booth in our shop and getting myself a good air compressor so once i get the body where I want it and fitted up right I can paint it and try some different stuff! That and I've never painted soooo... I'm just gonna give it hell and if all else fails welll I'll just have it wrapped lol

Good plan!! I like how you are being optimistic, that goes a long way.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

So haven't been doing much to the car, just some basic maintenance, been working a shit load lately got a new job.

But just ordered a set of kyb struts and 2" lowering springs. Decided to go a little more of a budget build for now. Haven't decided on wheel/tire combo I want yet so just gonna roll on the steelies for now.

My next move now is 5 speed swap, since my transmission is starting to act real funky, not to the point it's worrying me, I just notice it's shifting abit harder.

Then after that's all done, gonna swap rear drums for disks off v6. 2 years I've owned this car and never realized it had drums on the rear >.> till I mount and balanced my own tires hahahahaha

That's all for now!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, was trying to hang with my buddy going about 90 and my car started to get hot, entire cooling system is new other then the water pump. So time for new water pump and timing belt/pulleys and tensioners, pretty sure it was done before I bought the car, but, sitting at 141k miles right now sooo time to do it again!

Let's see some pictures! If you ever need any parts hit up myself or gtx. Between the two of us we probably have anything you'll need as far as oem parts goes. ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Blue3000GT. Have a spare oem wing? :)
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post