The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rattle from motor

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Rattle from motor

Ok I know this has been touched on quite a bit, but I need a little help here haha I have a rattle coming from my 1999 4cyl galant motor. It occurs at all times and has been that way for years with no noticeable difference. It doesn't change at all after oil changes or tune ups or anything and I haven't tried Seafoam or anything outside the fuel system. Any advice? The car struggles a bit in the cold as well.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Make a youtube video and post the link. It could be your lifters. Check your motor mounts to see if there's still rubber in them.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Make a youtube video and post the link. It could be your lifters. Check your motor mounts to see if there's still rubber in them.
    Hey, thanks for your response! Today I ended up running Seafoam through the intake and smoking out the neighborhood on a beautiful day ;) Anyway, it is much quieter now thankfully. I know it's probably just a bandaid, but totally worth it haha. The only noticeable thing is the car being a little sluggish while warming up when it's cold out. But the rattle sound is mostly gone as far as I can tell.

Nice, your car vapes? haha. Any check engine lights? autozone and advanced auto parts can check the codes for free.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Nice, your car vapes? haha. Any check engine lights? autozone and advanced auto parts can check the codes for free.
    No check engine, might put new plugs in after the Seafoam but otherwise not sure what causes it to be a little sluggish. Just did the oil but before I do my next change I might throw seafoam in there as well. Yeah it vapes bruh haha Everyone was out for a walk and I think I ruined their afternoon lol

It does have a slight sputter at idle so maybe it's just an exhaust issue, but for the most part of 6 years it's been fine.