The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 to 6g72 swap question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

4G64 to 6g72 swap question

So i have a 2002 galant es that has the 2.4 in it. I was going to purchase a 2000 eclipse with a v6 5spd in it and do a swap. My question is with the different fuse boxes will everything still bolt up correctly? If not what else will i need to purchase or should i just hold out for an 02 or newer eclipse?

Check my thread. I did that swap in reverse. Ton of work.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    Check my thread. I did that swap in reverse. Ton of work.

How long did it take you to do the swap? If I have an entire parts car I should have all I need right? I don't have a shop but a friend who has done a 5spd swap is willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thatchriskid96 View Post
    How long did it take you to do the swap? If I have an entire parts car I should have all I need right? I don't have a shop but a friend who has done a 5spd swap is willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a shop and it was still a pain. Yes you do have all the parts you need, but there is still a lot of wiring and stuff you need to make yourself. You need to pull the complete dash and heater housing from both cars. Look at my swap thread. It shows most of what I had to do. The electrical portion of the ac systems are not compatible with each other either. I had to basically wire it myself from scratch. Instrument clusters are internally electrically different and you can't swap those. So you'll need a V6 galant cluster as well. I was only able to put in an hour or two a day into working on it, but added together I would guess it took around 20 hours. That's just a guess. I did the swap a year ago now. Without a shop, good luck. The exhaust systems aren't compatible either. So I had to purchase a cat back.