The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: white2k3mitsu's build !! (Orlando,fl)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

white2k3mitsu's build !! (Orlando,fl)

OK well I probably shoulda joined TGC like a year ago when I got my second galant, i had a red 2000 es like 5 months before but i didnt know about TGC thn when i had that car comestically it was a piece of shit lol it had bondo on the rear right quarter panel, no driver carpet, dripped water by the light in the headliner when it rained (which didn't work), bad motor mounts, no left side view mirror, no rear view mirror, peeling paint and probably forgetting some things but I got it for 400 and it was my first car mechanically it was good though, I end up putting 10k hids, eBay intake and catback , and hallowed out the cat which made it sound like shit after 3000rpms but I ended up wrecking it and smashed the front doing 80 straight into someone's camry back bumper late for school schedule but surprisingly it ran no problems but one day I put oil in it and must not have tighten the top all the way because later in the day out of no where all of my electrical components started to fade and dim slowly one by one so whn i came to a stop it died and when i checked the engine the top was off oil was everywhere especially the alternator but I put oil in and nothing, I tried to jump and nothing an was just done with it so I junked it caused I needed a new car, ran threw three more cars in three months and (don't ask how lol) and got my fifth car which I currently have but didn't feel my galant was worthy of posting. It had a grey driver door I guess it was in a wreck and the same day I got it I locked the doors and was locked out lol didn't think they would leave a different lock in the door but sadly I didn't change it for like 8 months but it also had bad motor mounts, a cracked dash, broken wheel studs, dented driver side panel (still like that), bad left control arm, broken glove box lock, cup holder and center console pocket lol (idk what it's called) was burnt, driver seat was torn, bad rear shocks and other petty cosmetic issues but other then that it was mechanically fine I got it for 700 in July '15. First I didn't really do anything to it beside put some 18" falcons around Nov '15.

Other then fixing the wheel studs and doing basic maintenance I really didn't do anything til tax time '16. in feb I went on ebay and bought some 10k HIDs
    [IMG][/IMG]

cheap 2" drop springs (tbh I have tein now and its not even really a difference even though the tein are 1.5"), I also bought 4 oem new shocks ( which ive changed the front to kyb gr2s now and back still oem shocks)

I also got a left control arm, radiator, 4 new motor mounts and a glove box lock which I have no pics of the progress of installing ( yea ive been slacking on documenting all my projects).

Went to the junkyard and got a 3g stb and installed it.

I went on ebay and got drilled and slotted rotors all around which lead me to doing the drum to disc conversion. ive done it successfully bt my front breaks always lock if I press too hard, I followed the thread on here to the T except cutting and dremeling the backing plate for the e-brake line it wasn't needed, I even replaced the thing that attaches to the firewall where the break lines go thru and bled the whole system. but I must say when I compared the two they looked exactly the same and as I read the new one would be a little bigger (so I might not have the right one).

While I was at the junkyard I found a muffler tip lol

I also went on ebay and got all four corner camber kit but took off the front because it really wasn't needed and one bolt stripped from tightening too much.

I went on ebay and got universal adjustable sway bar links .

I went on ebay and bought a double din which I had to pay someone $90 to fiberglass my oem radio bezel and make it fit

I went on ebay and bought fh group seat covers

When I bought the car I had a horrible cracked dash which I ended up going to the junkyard pulling anothers off and fiberglassing the bottom and placed it in mine

I had to go to the junkyard and pull a white driver door off and put it on mines since when I bought mine it was grey and I also spray painted my rims gold
    ( how it currently looks)

Then on black Friday I went to the junkyard all pulled everything off a 3g for a tranny swap and also a dohc off a '05 sonata I got it all for a crazy low $146
    Tranny
    [IMG][/IMG]

clutch, flywheel, pressure plate,
    [/URL][/IMG]
    slave/master cylinder, hard and soft lines, clutch reservoir, both foot pedals,
    [IMG][/IMG]
    shifter assembly and clutch lines
    [IMG

And dohc
    [/IMG][/IMG]
    I plan on putting the tranny in sometime very soon im just waiting on the help of a knowledgeable TGC member whos stays not far from me to help me with the wiring so I can knock that project out and start working on rebuilding my dohc. I plan on turboing the galant and installing coilovers around tax time :)
    Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 12-01-2016 at 12:19 AM

Those are adjustable sway bar links not sway bars.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

There is a Central Florida Galant group on Facebook, Join it if you haven't yet.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Just checked and can't find anything, do you know what's the group name ? I typed in Central Florida galant
    Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 11-30-2016 at 07:47 PM

Link for the sb links

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE View Post
    Link for the sb links

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Guess I actually got them from rallysport
    https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...inks-universal
    Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 12-01-2016 at 11:04 PM

Well I didn't take too many pics it was kinda hard when doing mostly by myself I got help putting tranny in, bleeding clutch and a lot of advice on Facebooks "International Galant Society -IGS" group (go add its active) and was learning a few things on the way altogether it took me about three days pieced together. But altogether it drives fine in 1-4 but in 5th it jumps to 5-6k rpms but when I down shift to 4 its at 3-4k rpms and has no reverse. I guess that's what happens when you get a jy tranny.

[URL=http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/cecilsimmons2451/media/20161203_135356_zpspvbh3dkp.jpg.html][/URL

So I guess my next project is to get my tranny rebuilt and put my dohc on hold.
    Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 12-12-2016 at 07:00 PM

Can you explain the 5th gear issue? I don't understand what it is doing.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Like if I'm driving in 4th at 3k rpms and shift to 5th it'll automatically jump to 5k rpms but if I shift back to 4th it'll be back at 3k and keep going good but idk how fast cause idk how to wire speedo

That's odd. Rpm should go down to about 2500 from 4th at that point.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Kinda figured that's why I have to get it rebuilt , the reverse doesn't work either

I have had 3 junkyard transmissions and no problems. One of them is in the racecar. Just get another junkyard one. Make sure u get a good one. My junkyards mark the cars with good transmissions. Rebuilding is gonna cost you $400-500 for parts and then another $400 for labor. Not worth it honestly since those transmissions are so cheap to buy used.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Just a guess since you have no reverse but you might have the shifter cables backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Just a guess since you have no reverse but you might have the shifter cables backwards.
    He said he drove it and got it up to 5th. So my guess is that he has them correct otherwise he wouldn't be able to drive it and shift correctly.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I found the only one at the jy I go to and it's big but I'm in Orlando I'm pretty sure ill find a jy with another

Just a wild guess, never happened to me but guessing if he has no reverse and the rpm's are all out of wack then it could be a possibility.

Just a wild guess, never happened to me but guessing if he has no reverse and the rpm's are all out of wack then it could be a possibility.
    I'm with you. I'm only assuming that he shifted fine between the gears in proper sequence.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

He might also have no idea how to shift a gear box let alone what to expect from the rpm's. No offense to the OP.

He might also have no idea how to shift a gear box let alone what to expect from the rpm's. No offense to the OP.
    Also very good point.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

What do you mean have the cables backwards ??from behind the firewall ? There's really no way to confuse it to attach the cables to the shifter. And what do you mean I don't know how to shift the gear box ? I can drive manual and know how to shift gears, I don't know everything about a tranny swap so might have placed the cables to the transmission out of gear or something because when I try to go in fitfth it act like it goes to third and when I go in reverse it act like it wanna go forward real slow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast