The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: white2k3mitsu's build !! (Orlando,fl)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    Quote Originally Posted by white2k3mitsu View Post
    What do you mean have the cables backwards ??from behind the firewall ? There's really no way to confuse it to attach the cables to the shifter. And what do you mean I don't know how to shift the gear box ? I can drive manual and know how to shift gears, I don't know everything about a tranny swap so might have placed the cables to the transmission out of gear or something because when I try to go in fitfth it act like it goes to third and when I go in reverse it act like it wanna go forward real slow
    Then you might have your cables switched. Take a pic of the cables at the transmission gear selector. I wanna see

P.S. We were speculating since u didn't give us much to work with so no need to get offended.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You have a Facebook ? Photo bucket going real slow on my phone plus if you did I could video call you

Quote Originally Posted by white2k3mitsu View Post
    You have a Facebook ? Photo bucket going real slow on my phone
    Look up galant owners USA Facebook page. That's my page.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Not trying to offend anyone just speculating since theres not much info to work with like Alex says. But it does seem like there switched. Wouldnt hurt to swap them to see if it works and pay close attention to your clutch engagment. Youll most likely have to adjust the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Not trying to offend anyone just speculating since theres not much info to work with like Alex says. But it does seem like there switch. Wouldnt hurt to swap them to see if it works and pay close attention to your clutch engagment. Youll most likely have to adjust the pedal.
    He sent me pics last night and they all look good. Can only accidentally switch the cables on the transmission side not inside the car. But even that is good

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I guess I was missing this plastic piece attached to the shifter linkage arm ( thanks to spdracr for pointing it out)

(Looks out of place too)

Since I went to the jy to return the starter I didn't need and they gave me the 30 on a card I went looking for a white 01 bumper and grill but had no luck and found this power tech muffler on a Honda and thought it might give me a decent sound and am about to cut my muffler off and have someone weld this on but does anyone recommend this brand or think only cutting three four inches before the oem muffler and just add this on

Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 12-14-2016 at 06:53 PM

Never heard of the brand. I would stick with an oval Magnaflow muffler. The more round and less oval it is the louder and more raspy it gets. That's my opinion on it. I went from a cannon muffler to an oval Magnaflow and I love it.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Does anyone happen to know what might make a car not start even though the starter is turning the engine over ? I started my car up this morning and it sounded a little weird nothing major just a slight noise I could notice is different so I revved my engine a little and let it warm some more and the sound faded a bit but a car guy will notice it so I turned my car off and tried to restart it and it wouldn't start I only heard a click from the starter so I thought it must be either bad battery connection or starter isn't bolted correctly, but the battery was connected fine and the starter bolts were tight so I loosened them a little and tried again and the engine would finally turn continuously but never "catch", I even tried push starting her and didn't turn on either so could I burned some type of fuse or crankshaft sensor or something

Snap timing belt? Seized engine? Bad crank sensor?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I inboxed you my reply on Facebook

It's been a while since I gave a update but hey it's never too late I still got ALOT to do left lol gonna make a bad ass Galant my update list :

-preface vrg front bumper
    -facelift world spec grille
    -world spec two piece headlights
    -new style side skirts (to be installed)
    -power folding mirrors
    - '98 diamante dash and center console
    -world spec door panels
    -3g steering wheel
    -world spec 3rd gen tails
    -vr4 rear bumper
    -k sport coilovers

I'm still working on getting my friend Denver to help me wire up the Diamante cluster I had to cut the bezel to make the Galant cluster for for the moment, I still have to get wiring diagrams and find out how to change the Galant manual ac pulley system and to electric like the diamante, i have to get a airbag cause the junk yard I got my wheel from didn't sell them that's why it looks funny and also have to drill new holes and push my shifter back because it hits the bezel going into 1st, 3rd and 5th. But I have plans on getting tan world spec seats but praying to find black cause I'm not keeping ugly these ugly ass seat covers anymore

I
    Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 05-16-2017 at 06:07 PM

Bought some more parts :

-Evo 8 camshafts
    -Evo 8 cam gears
    -Evo 9 intake manifold
    -Evo 9 throttle body
    -complete 3g polyurethane bushings kit and polyurethane motor mounts

Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 05-16-2017 at 07:07 PM

Lil updates added my side skirts finally after 4 months of sitting around

Then gave my baby girl a new ( to her ) hood

Nice work. Keep at it, replace that ugly fender! Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    Nice work. Keep at it, replace that ugly fender! Lol

Thanks bro but bol Yea that's a must , gotta fix them two fenders, get oem spoiler, oz rally lancer front lip and svr4 rear spats then I'll paint her

Decent used fenders are cheap enough at the jy so I wouldn't fix, just swap. ;) I'll keep my eyes open for a spoiler for you, I see them every so often

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Decent used fenders are cheap enough at the jy so I wouldn't fix, just swap. ;) I'll keep my eyes open for a spoiler for you, I see them every so often

Lol my bad that's what i meant, i can get those at a junk yard anytime i just been more focused on finding the hard to get parts but those are next on my list . if you need any world spec parts i know a guy with cheap ass parts

I do need world spec parts. Pm me

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I do need world spec parts. Pm me

I did

Will come around nicely once you replace those fenders. Too bad you are not in SC, I have two sets of them, also factory spoilers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast