Not too long ago, I got my 2003 Galant ES 2.4l and I needed to replace the headgasket(leaking compression into the coolant). I sent the head to a machine shop, they milled .008" off and did a valve job. The didn't mention any cracks. I put everything together, new timing and balance shaft belts too. Used a Fel Pro head kit, replaced the gaskets for everything I removed. After everything was back together, I started it up and there was a ton of white smoke coming out of the exhaust! The cylinders were dry when the head went on. I even scraped the carbon off the tops of the pistons. Is it possible that I simply mixed up some of the hoses on the mani? Though, water was getting into the oil too! That wasn't a problem before. it's only been ran for a total of 5 minutes, but there is quite a bit of water in the oil(used Mobil 1 synthetic and synthetic Lucas additive with a Wix XP filter). Is this something I might have screwed up, or something out of my control? This is the first time this happened to me. My last car was a 1987 Civic and I actually rebuilt that engine with no problem. Had to do the headgasket on it after the cooling fan failed, but didn't mix water and coolant after fixing it. I'm pretty confused on my Galants issue. Can't really find anything as far as coolant hose routing on the mani.