The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake problem

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Intake problem

I have no clue what is wrong with my intake manifold, can anyone look at this pic and tell me if anything looks out of whack?

Found that when I was looking for a busted coolant hose that was spraying all over the engine. Still need to find the bad hose. Just bought a mani from pick a part. This will probably solve my lack of power issue..... Is this a common problem with these cars?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I found this but I don't think it's causing my coolant leak lol......

Yes very common. Some switch over to the Outlander cast aluminum manifold without much modification I believe.

I did the outlader manifold swap, well worth it. I went through 2 stock manifolds before I got tired of them cracking in the same damn place.

This is good to know. I noticed the intake I got was different than the one on my 03. Fuel pressure regulator is in different locations mainly. I made it work though. I'll have to look into that swap. There should be a couple write ups on it.

Update on this whole ordeal.

The crossover pipe is corroded, so I gotta go back to pick a part to get the one I took the manifold from. Mine is corroded where the o ring sits on the T-stat side. I tried to use some Steel Stick, but that didn't work as planned. I'll stop by a parts store for new o rings for it.

Final update:

I went to O'Reilly's and AutoZone, but the O ring they had(Fel-Pro 35959) was too big. I ended up going to the dealer and got one. The PN# I'd MD030764 and it cost $7.72 at the dealer. The Doorman PN# is 099-420, and you can get a box of 5 for like $4 at a parts store. Apparently, it's listed as being for a 1990-1999 DSM.