The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Flexplate pilot differences?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Flexplate pilot differences?

I ended up doing a motor swap with a 2003 Eclipse. Bought the engine off Craigslist, with a 3 month warranty. I've swapped most parts over, even have a brand new timing belt and related stuff. I just noticed that the pilot is different on both engines. My car is an 03 Galant, both engines are 2.4. They both have the flexplate. I've already searched to see what the deal is here, but couldn't really find anything that helps. Is there a difference in the cranks, or is it as simple as pulling the flexplate and removing this piece of metal here? I'll try to post pics so everyone can see what I'm going on about.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedtheGinger View Post
    I ended up doing a motor swap with a 2003 Eclipse. Bought the engine off Craigslist, with a 3 month warranty. I've swapped most parts over, even have a brand new timing belt and related stuff. I just noticed that the pilot is different on both engines. My car is an 03 Galant, both engines are 2.4. They both have the flexplate. I've already searched to see what the deal is here, but couldn't really find anything that helps. Is there a difference in the cranks, or is it as simple as pulling the flexplate and removing this piece of metal here? I'll try to post pics so everyone can see what I'm going on about.
    Check my build thread. I came across the same thing

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    Check my build thread. I came across the same thing

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Ok cool, just checked it out. Thanks!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I got it! Thanks for the advice Amaru7.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk