The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g to 3g 2.4 5 speed swap question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

8g to 3g 2.4 5 speed swap question

I have a 03 es with a 01 GS transmission and parts but the only way I can make her start is by push starting her but after she's started she runs fine, tested battery, starter and alternator and all good. When I try and start her all I her is a click from the starter but nothing else. I had put my battery on her after the swap and only heard one click from the starter so someone told me the battery must be dead even though all my power was still working so I went to autozone and left my battery to charge over night then in the morning they said the battery was bad but it held charge so I tried and it didn't work so I got another used battery it worked fine til three hours later it wouldn't start just the click but my fried put his battery on and it worked then went to autozone only code come up is for transmission related things , then I came to the junkyard and put in three different starters all only hear only click so I find someone to come test the power of the battery was around 12v , starter I can't remember number but he said was getting power and good, then when was running I disconnected battery and it kept running (meaning alternator good) so I really don't know what's the problem can anyone help

You finished the swap? good job. Did the car ever start on it's own after the swap? or did it only start when you push started it?

Did you do the following?

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    You finished the swap? good job. Did the car ever start on it's own after the swap? or did it only start when you push started it?

Did you do the following?

Thank you i appreciate it, it wasnt easy at all altogether took me about three days doing it by myself with some help putting the transmission on and bleeding the clutch and minor stuff over there phone from someone off International Galant Society on fadebook bt Yes it started multiple times after getting a jump once, multiple times after getting a used battery from a tire shop(which is in now and still charged but wont start unless pushed) and once when my friend put his battery on but no I didn't I just cut the harness and twisted together the thick black and red and thick black and yellow
    Last edited by white2k3mitsu; 12-10-2016 at 11:18 PM

U also have to twist the other two wires. Refer to the pic Kyle posted above.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Assuming the auto harness connections check out, it may be worth checking the cables coming directly off the battery and the one(s) running to the starter motor.
    There may be a connection that hasn't been 100% tightened down. If the contact is intermittent, it'll drastically reduce the current carrying capacity of the connection (which might explain the 'click' the starter makes even when the battery is charged enough to provide starting current).
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    Assuming the auto harness connections check out, it may be worth checking the cables coming directly off the battery and the one(s) running to the starter motor.
    There may be a connection that hasn't been 100% tightened down. If the contact is intermittent, it'll drastically reduce the current carrying capacity of the connection (which might explain the 'click' the starter makes even when the battery is charged enough to provide starting current).
    He fixed it. It was a bad battery terminal he said.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R