The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Buying a 2006 Galant with 180000 miles

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Kelly17

Buying a 2006 Galant with 180000 miles

I totalled my car last month and I'm in desperate need for a vehicle. This mechanic is selling a 2006 Galant for $2000 but it has 180000 miles on it. He changed the timing belt at 120000 miles, put new brakes and rotors, new battery and new tires on it.

The price is good but I don't want to have to put a new engine in or something very expensive in right away. Is it stupid to buy a vehicle with that many miles?

If he's a trusted mechanic and will help you out if something else goes wrong, I would say go for it. For $2000, you're only going to find cars with high mileage or 10+ years old. If he used quality parts when changing the timing belt, then you should be fine for a little bit, otherwise it will be due for another change in a little bit. Make sure there are no cracks in the radiator and no engine codes (like catalytic converter, or 02 sensors) and if it has been state inspected, you should be fine to get going.

My 07' galant has 120,000 miles and still basically runs as good as it was when new. I would say go for it honestly. Just do a good check yourself!

My 2004 Galant has about 155K miles on it, and still runs well and is reliable.