The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant '02 running gear problem.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Galant '02 running gear problem.

Hello.
    I have a problem with my 8g Galant. When i drive on snow or melted snow sometimes wet raod, i can't speed up over 50km/h because it slide off the straight road. When the road is dry no problem. New tyres, renewed rear crossmember, wheel alignment is set, new rear bush, new rear shock absorbers. We can't find what is the problem.

Thanks the for Help.

If it pulled on dry roads I'd ask what your caster is. Caster causes pull, camber and toe causes tire wear. Also, try rotating the tires. They may be new, but I've seen new tires cause pulling even with a good alignment.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I try 3 tire set. The car do same before we change and renew this things. I feel like aquaplanning, but other cars driveable faster than my car.

Are you feeling it on acceleration from a stop or is it all the time? If it's only when taking off, it's probably just wheel slip. One tire is spinning faster than the other. Unless you have a VR4, our cars have an open differential. I'm not sure if we can get a limited slip differential for our cars, if so, it'd be pricy, but it would help a lot with your issue.

I have 2.0 fwd. I feeling all time when i driving faster than 40-50km/h.

I got an idea. It's possible the aftermarket front lower arm is the bad? The man who set the wheel alignment said he saw the bush is moving or weaker than the other side.

It's possible. Out of curiosity, could you post your alignment specs? I'm really interested in seeing your caster measurements. If there is 0.3* difference, it will pull to the lower side. The bigger the difference, the harder the pull.