The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Center Dying..?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 82
    I'm just here for fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I'm just here for fun :)
    And indefinite COTM cuz I'm too lazy to make a new thread

I call dibs on next cotm because I didn't crush my car!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

It's definitely slowing down. I've lurked since 2008, got my first G totalled in 2010, and only just got a new one last year. Now that I'm finally in a position to start really modifying it, this site is proving invaluable. I am a bit sorry it's not as much of a happening place any more, but as long as there is a core of gearheads who recognize how underrated this platform is, I think we can keep this thing going.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    I call dibs on next cotm because I didn't crush my car!

😂😂😂

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Also because I am hilarious!
    Edit: And tall
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    Also because I am hilarious!
    Edit: And tall
    Got my vote...😂

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    Got my vote...😂

Well, I got a vote. I guess that means I win. Lol

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    as long as there is a core of gearheads who recognize how underrated this platform is, I think we can keep this thing going.
    Indeed we can!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Looks like there's been a little more traffic here lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

They come and go in waves.

That is the truth. Anybody need any parts? Great time to fix that broken Galant guys, I've got everything! ;)

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I pop in with major updates or when I need to find info. I don't like asking all the time because that's no fun lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love my 03 it's the first car I ever started to build and the one I learned everything I know working on...I just joined this forum but I have used it many times in the past for advice and tips...I love this site and I appriciate everyone on here. I plan on keeping my 03 for awhile but atm I'm having so many problems with him...I just got outta prison 3 weeks ago and it sat around for 14 months and now he is just dry rotted everywhere and I'm having a hard time getting him outta limp mode. We have done so much to him to fix it and still working on it lol. But I ain't giving up on him just yet...but if anyone got some ideas on how to fix it. Pm me and we can talk more about it. It's an 03 2.4L 4 cyc automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by jericajeckel View Post
    I love my 03 it's the first car I ever started to build and the one I learned everything I know working on...I just joined this forum but I have used it many times in the past for advice and tips...I love this site and I appriciate everyone on here. I plan on keeping my 03 for awhile but atm I'm having so many problems with him...I just got outta prison 3 weeks ago and it sat around for 14 months and now he is just dry rotted everywhere and I'm having a hard time getting him outta limp mode. We have done so much to him to fix it and still working on it lol. But I ain't giving up on him just yet...but if anyone got some ideas on how to fix it. Pm me and we can talk more about it. It's an 03 2.4L 4 cyc automatic.
    Congrats on getting out, here's to a new future.
    If you need any parts let me know and I'll help where I can.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Damn, I hate to see that this is the case... I haven't been active for god knows how long and have been driving a Subaru BRZ for the last 3 years. I have one year left until I'm done with med school and one of the main things on my to do list is to finish my Galant up and make it amazing. She's been sitting around for a while with an E85 conversion, a 5 speed swap, evo brakes, and a turbo with an evo ecu. This car probably needs a lot of TLC, but I'll probably have a shop finish what I started in high school. I really miss wrenching on my car but as always school takes priority over everything. If y'all are still around when I find a shop to work on it, I will keep you updated with many pictures! Thank you guys for all of the help this forum and its members have provided me throughout the years. Trust me my Galant has taught me so much about cars and I've been waiting 8 years to show her the love she's shown me.

Same has been happening over on my forum. Mirageforums. :( we barely see any new members or topics pop up. It's just the usual guys. Oh well, the Galant and Mirage are sticking around with me for the long haul.

Let's be honest, the platform is really 20 years old and this car just doesn't have the following as the Evo or the Civics so it's only natural. I mean, I rarely see a Galant around town anymore period, and haven't seen a modded one in ages. It's so bad, sometimes I'm thinking if I should just hold onto my spare parts for the next 20 years. With that said, I always liked the fact that the Galant is an underdog. While I wonder where some of the old members went, I know a lot of people simply moved on to newer cars and have shifted priorities. I kind of see a devoted, hardcore following if you wish at the same time, even if in much smaller numbers. Same thing with the Eclipse community. There are still build threads I'm looking forward to see updates on, like from M-Rod, or to see what new thing G-Spot came up with. At the end of the day, it's up to us what we are building and what content we are producing. I'm also following a lot wider variety in the scene than I used to and frankly I still see things that are yet to be done on a G. Like this: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=268523 . While it's not my thing, I'm also still waiting for an LS swapped G to pop up somewhere, I mean after seeing a 2jz converted SVR4 anything can happen lol.

Hi everyone my name is Junior and I just wanted to input my two cents and say that I personally fell in love with the G I had and I will be in the search for another one soon. I'm young and definitely excited to start modding and post on the forum to keep this going. Btw does anyone know if this is a factory thing? I'm looking at this 01 ES 2.4 with the leather trim and I've never seen it before.. it's a neat thing to have the logo on the seats. Cheers!!

02 GALANT ES

dealer installed leather had the logo in the seats

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast