The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Center Dying..?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 82

Galant Center Dying..?

I know this has been brought up before, but it saddens me to see that this forum seems to be dying out. The lack of new Galants and them becoming more scarce everyday hurts the forums. I have come across many awesome people and info on this site, and I have tried to contribute as much as possible. I will continue to try to stay active on here as much as possible for as long as I own my vehicle (120,000 miles and counting and still running great) I wanted to say thanks to all the members in the community!

I'll do what I can to stay active on this forum too. I plan on owning my 03 for a long time. I'd like to take it to a million miles. My last car was half way there at 516k(87 Civic sedan, 1.5L carbd,5 speed).

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I try to use TGC as much as possible too. It sucks that no one really gets on here anymore
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

I feel the same way! I joined a while back, but was sort of a lurker for a long while. Once I started actively browsing the forums in the past year and a half or so, traffic slowly went down.

The 8G is an old platform and (in North America) isn't very much of a cult vehicle, unlike the popular S-chassis, for example. A lot of the OG's have either let go of their rides or are just hiding under the radar. If only they had the VR-4 trim available here in the States..

On the good side, whats left currently is a wealth of info left behind. I'm just now starting to dip into the modbug with my 8G. The 8G's market value has gone down a considerable amount as well. Younger car enthusiasts, like myself, who acquire a Galant of their own as a first car will probably be the ones to increase the traffic on this site. Though, I wish I was active in the hey-day of TGC lol.

02' Galant ES 2.4L

It's up to the younger G owners like us to revive TGC lol

I agree! I picked mine up for $700 from Craigslist. Granted, it had a blown head gasket, and that turned into a motor swap because of the machine shop. These are good cars that are seriously underrated.

hmmm I guess I should keep up with my car updates more often also, I been stuck on this fb group called "international galant society" its an active group and I honestly don't come on here unless I need to learn something but I do have some big plans for my interior im swapping in the whole diamanté interior soon (within a week or so), only have the dash and center console as of right now but when I install it with the help of another galant owner whos completed the swap ill take hell of pics so it could be easier for everyone else to complete the swap to, I honestly never heard of anyone on here speaking of swapping in the diamante(97-02) interior which im told is how the galant interior is in jdm or eudm spec

- - - Updated - - -

bol I got mines off craigslist for 700 also, white car with grey driver door, bad motor mounts and small cosmetic issues

I'm gonna do a katzkin install soon I have to save up a little for a kit. Hey can you guys do me a favor?if either of you make a trip to a salvage yard can you pick up a small piece for me?ill pay you for it ��

- - - Updated - - -

I just tried to join international Galant society and they blocked me wtf

Not sure how soon I'll be heading back to pick a part, but if I go, what do you need? At one down the street from my work(Ontario) there's 6 or 7 our gen, and I found 2 at one closer to my house.

Have you ever taken off your door panels?you know the little rubber strip that's on the door panel that can come off?i need that for the passenger rear if you get the chance!

I know what you're talking about. Not too sure when I'll go because we have rain this week, as rare as it is, but next time I go I'll pick that up for you.

Speaking of door panels, I just got new Boss Audio speakers for my front doors. Gonna throw them in and hopefully not get rained on.

Just to be sure, this is what you're talking about, right?

Yes sir that little rubber strip that goes at the top,and hell yeah post pics when you do it. How much did that cost you?

I have the new ones in with a Kenwood head unit, cost $50 on ebay. They're 400 watts. The rears are Almani, not sure what model or anything. The new speaker is in that pic.

Oh that's dope. I bought a new head unit but haven't put it in because I don't know how. Waiting for my friend to do it for me lol. What else have you done to your G?

The previous owner cut the front springs and put some Motegi FF7 black rims on it. The car had a blown head gasket when I got it. I pulled the head and sent it to a machine shop. Afterwards, it had a ton of white smoke and had water getting into the oil, it wasn't doing that before (was losing compression into the cooling system). I put a used motor from an 03 3G to get it running. As for mods, not a whole lot on my part yet. I have a 3G steering wheel and now the stereo. Eventually, I plan on getting some Tein springs and KYB ASX struts. What have you done to yours?

Man that's a lot of trouble to go through. When I bought mine it needed all new shocks so I had to buy those then I needed new tires because they were bald and I had to replace the windshield. After that I painted all my trim pieces black,painted my steelies black because I can't afford rims lol,replaced my dome light with LED's,reupholstered two of my door panels (been too busy to do the other two),and I plan on changing my shift selector light from stock orange to LED white

Right on dude. If this car didn't come with the rims it has, I'd be rocking steelies too! I had to replace my windshield too. I wanna go for all LED lights on my dash. I still need to figure out what's going on with the cruise control on mine, light doesn't even come on.

Oh yeah my cruise control doesn't work either. Light comes on but it doesn't actually function. I also want to put a tablet in my dash and use it like a gps lol or even use it to replace my head unit altogether but that probably won't happen for a while

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast