The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Center Dying..?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 82
    Try checking the vacuum line for the cruise module on the passenger side strut tower. That can sometimes cause that.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is sad. The activity here isn't anywhere near what it was 3-4 years ago. The same holds true for the majority of Internet forums I used to use. Facebook groups took over because they are quicker and easier. I truly appreciate all of the people that still stop by here to post updates or just to check in. I am continuously working on ways to reduce operating costs without sacrificing user experience/page load times so that I can keep the site online as long feasibly possible. I have always felt that quality > quantity and I want to ensure that TGC's wealth of information is always just one quick Google search away.

Well, at least we aren't Club3G....lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Well, at least we aren't Club3G....lol
    Lol, no kidding. That place emptied out faster than most I've seen

As odd as it may sound, Red Pepper Racing is busier than this one seems to be, and that's for 3rd gen Civics and 1st gen CRXs. It'd be cool to have TGC be a lot more popular.

TGC back its day was amazing! I for one don't consider myself an OG but I've been around long enough to see it in its prime. I was just starting off with my galant when this site was at its peak and I couldn't get enough of it. This site has been incredible to me and it's a shame it isn't the same anymore but that's what happens when the cars are close to 20 years old. The 9G never really took off and Mitsubishi pretty much died which doesn't help this site either. I for one wouldn't change my experience with this site for anything.

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

Maybe the younger generation will bring this website back to life
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

It's sad its like a ghost town in here. I remember being the first to supercharge the I-4 years ago via RippMods ago and the cool people I met here and some I'm still friends with till this day. I saw VegassMatt passed away. It's all very, very sad and depressing. I don't have my Galant anymore but figured it would still be thriving like other car communities. SMH
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Its unlikely the site will ever have a renaissance of sorts, but it is a great wealth of information for future owners who want to DIY on their cars.

I'm not sure why you weren't able to be added, but I plan on installing the 97-02 diamante dash and center console Sunday and next weekend buy and install the seats but I need to learn to reupholster door cards

Quote Originally Posted by white2k3mitsu View Post
    I'm not sure why you weren't able to be added, but I plan on installing the 97-02 diamante dash and center console Sunday and next weekend buy and install the seats but I need to learn to reupholster door cards
    When you do the dash swap, would you mind doing a write up? I'd be interested in doing that swap someday on my G.

Yeah no problem, this is after the swap it's my friend junior 8g who's helping me do mine

Quote Originally Posted by white2k3mitsu View Post
    Yeah no problem, this is after the swap it's my friend junior 8g who's helping me do mine

Damn, that looks good!

Wow that's dope!
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

Yeah when I seen his I fell in love and knew I had to have it, looks like it came stock like that

Nice! I gotta look into an all black dash. Biggest thing I wanna see about the swap is the wiring, especially for speakers.

Wiring of the speakers don't change cause your speakers wire into your head unit and 9/10 everybody's is after market so your only changing the plastic dash. He used the OEM galant speedo I'm guessing the Diamante's took time that he didn't want to put into it, he told me the hardest part is trimming the front of the dash to fit the windshield, trimming and placing the glove box and making the Speedo sit flush and correct. He said it's not a one day job but I'm hoping to prove him wrong with both of us on it. And your not going to find a completely black dash a center console out of a diamante but there's only four plastic pieces that would need to be painted and to change out the bezels to black to make it completely black but I don't see that as a difficult task at all

Sounds like a bit of work, but the end result seems worth it

Dang that Diamante dash swap looks nice! Is there a gap where the dash meets the door panel?

02' Galant ES 2.4L

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, I just found it recently. I'm in love with my 8G and plan to fully build it this year. I've had my baby for a year and just started being able to show it love. Pic is engine when I got it to now.
    I really hope this forum lives on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast