Thread: Galant Center Dying..?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 82
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedtheGinger View Post
    Sounds like a bit of work, but the end result seems worth it

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    When I come to cali we should do this dash swap
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

Hey guys sup? I haven't been here for 7 years lol...planning to get another G sometimes this year. Really hard to find a GTZ these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jhendra83 View Post
    Hey guys sup? I haven't been here for 7 years lol...planning to get another G sometimes this year. Really hard to find a GTZ these days.
    Do it! We need to revive this site!
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

I use to love coming on here every day and seeing every ones progress!. Yeah i can definitely blame facebook even though i just lurk there . Its sad i wish it was buzzing like it was back in the day.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Facebook is definitely to blame. I wish people would realize that the facebook groups have a very long way to go before they are organized and moderated as well as the forums ever were.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I haven't been around for a while. My life has been all sideways and my Galant had to take a sideline to my future, but I'm back with a vengeance, and she's coming back soon. My wife won't let me give up on the demon just yet. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    I haven't been around for a while. My life has been all sideways and my Galant had to take a sideline to my future, but I'm back with a vengeance, and she's coming back soon. My wife won't let me give up on the demon just yet. ;)
    Sounds like your wife is definitely a keeper!

Sounds like your wife is definitely a keeper!

She has her moments. Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Facebook is definitely to blame. I wish people would realize that the facebook groups have a very long way to go before they are organized and moderated as well as the forums ever were.
    It was also not a large community to begin with.

Small enthusiast following + Facebook + more & more Galants falling into disrepair/being totalled/etc., as they slip into the hands of those that can barely afford any car, let alone to maintain one.

I really think that as the cars get older we will see the survivors become a cult classic. Yeah, our numbers will dwindle and the riced out cars will increase, but when there are only a handful of us left and we all have clean examples, people will want. We have to get the nice cars out there. Show them, Instagram, etc. Don't let people forget how good they are.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

These are good looking cars, and Blue is right, eventually more people will realize that these are good cars. My dad used to have one, bought it from Enterprise with 40k, and it lasted to 231k. A CV axle seized and caused it's demise. Other than that, only the valve cover gasket, cat, and a timing belt went out on it. He got lucky with the belt, didn't destroy any pistons or valves. Hell, if the 3G Civic can have a cult following, these will in due time. My last car was an 87 Civic sedan, and I was surprised to see a few people customizing them.

These are good looking cars, and Blue is right, eventually more people will realize that these are good cars. My dad used to have one, bought it from Enterprise with 40k, and it lasted to 231k. A CV axle seized and caused it's demise. Other than that, only the valve cover gasket, cat, and a timing belt went out on it. He got lucky with the belt, didn't destroy any pistons or valves. Hell, if the 3G Civic can have a cult following, these will in due time. My last car was an 87 Civic sedan, and I was surprised to see a few people customizing them.

You know, that's how I got into them too. My dad got an '03 ES in '05 and I loved the thing. It was titanium pearl, and a 4cyl. Once I found out they came with the V6, I wanted one.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Hope not, don' t post much but been lurking and collecting info here since 2007. Bought my 03 ES i4 Red in 07 at 30k miles, Sadly it was totalled in 2012 at 194k miles. (I drive a lot). Next was a 02 ES i4 grey, Had it for 6 months and a lot of problems eventually figured out it was a flood car and junked it. Next up is my 03 GTZ Red, bought at 124K currently at 176K.

So far on the GTZ I have done
    New timing belt, water pump, pensioner, idlers.
    Spark PlugsNGK Iridium IX, NGK Wires, Distributor Cap, Rotor, Valve Cover Gaskets, Intake and Throttle Body Gaskets
    Serpentine belts and Idlers.
    Prothane engine mount bushings, 3 installed, the rear trans mount 2 bolts are broken off in the k member I will install in spring when I can remove the K member completely.
    Powerstop Extreme Brake pades and Powerstop drilled slotted rotors all the way around.
    Front brake calipers, all 4 brake hoses.
    Front control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar end links.
    Sony Head Unit, JL Front component system, Kenwood Rear 6x9's, Polk Audio DXI 10" Sub, Sony Explod 480W amp.
    Cold air intake.

Waiting to install (Winter here no garage)
    Full Prothane suspension bushing kit.
    Rear trans Prothane bushing
    5 Speed Manual with Wiring Harness (Pulled 2003 Eclipse GTS)

Waiting to order
    Struts and Springs (Megan Racing Adjustable)
    Stabliizer Bars for Strut towers and control arms. (Megan Racing) Eclipse Part Numbers
    Rear Adjustable Control Arms (Megan Racing)
    Exhaust Full, Replacing Manifolds with Headers.

Future Projects
    Planning to run the 6G72 until it stops planning new motor now
    Swap in 3.8 6G75 (Have from endeavor) or 3.8 Mivec, which ever goes in will be fresh bored\rebuilt for turbo, turbo will be installed with it.

Between here and Club 3g you can find most of the info needed to do anything
    Last edited by Relevant Wing; 02-20-2017 at 07:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by white2k3mitsu View Post
    Wiring of the speakers don't change cause your speakers wire into your head unit and 9/10 everybody's is after market so your only changing the plastic dash. He used the OEM galant speedo I'm guessing the Diamante's took time that he didn't want to put into it, he told me the hardest part is trimming the front of the dash to fit the windshield, trimming and placing the glove box and making the Speedo sit flush and correct. He said it's not a one day job but I'm hoping to prove him wrong with both of us on it. And your not going to find a completely black dash a center console out of a diamante but there's only four plastic pieces that would need to be painted and to change out the bezels to black to make it completely black but I don't see that as a difficult task at all
    So the door panels and everything fit just right?

Proud 2012 galant owner

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I joined this site to ask questions because I thought it would be the most informative and thought a lot of people would have insight but to come to find out that it takes days of not weeks till someone even replies to your questions. This really sucks because it's so hard to find others that own a Galant of my year let alone any year that has the same agenda as me to get ideas and info from. Where is all the Galant enthusiasts?

~irishpride~[SIZE=5]

That's crazy because I got in on Facebook

~irishpride~[SIZE=5]

Quote Originally Posted by 06GalantFanatic View Post
    I joined this site to ask questions because I thought it would be the most informative and thought a lot of people would have insight but to come to find out that it takes days of not weeks till someone even replies to your questions. This really sucks because it's so hard to find others that own a Galant of my year let alone any year that has the same agenda as me to get ideas and info from. Where is all the Galant enthusiasts?

There wasn't really a lot of 9G action to begin with, so that isn't really new. Lol. However if you post up I'll try to do my best to help you. I'm free most of the time, just add me on Tapatalk and I'll reply.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I'm here as always, most of the guys that have been here as long as I have have gotten old, had families, or otherwise moved on.

Theres a ton of knowledge here and a lot of people worked hard for it, so to me that alone makes this forum great. I do think that unless you've been on here for a bit (longer than me for sure) it's hard to appreciate and find the value in some of the mods and tutorials on the forum and the difficulty in making them. But, the Galant as a platform for mods is tough enough to work with and performance wise just doesn't yield the results that other platforms do for a lot less money and effort. Still love the forum and car though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast