The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Driver door doesn't unlock

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Driver door doesn't unlock

I've had this issue since I bought the car a year ago. When I try to unlock my car,the drivers door never unlocks but every other door does. Because of this,I always have to climb in my backseat and reach over to unlock the front driver door. Anyone know how to fix this? Also, when I press the lock button on the drivers side arm rest,that works fine. But the unlock button doesn't work at all.
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

I'm not 100% sure on the compatibility, but try swapping the lock solenoids from both of the front doors. If the driver door opens, replace that solenoid.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I have no idea how to do that lol

It's a bit of a pain in the ass. Only tools you need are a Phillips screwdriver, a flathead, and a small set of sockets. Use the Phillips to take the screws out of the trim on the door handle and the black pull box below the window switches. Then there's 3 screws that have plastic covers, use a flathead to pop the covers off, use a Phillips to remove them. Then use the flathead to pop the rivets, I usually start from the bottom. It takes some effort to pop them loose. Here's a screenshot of a page from the service manual.

This is to give you an idea of where everything is at.

Alright thank you so much,this will be my weekend project. I'll let you know how it goes and ask if I need help with anything?

You're welcome, keep me updated on it.

I'm interested in this too. Mine is slightly different though. The remote and inside lock/unlock buttons do not unlock the drivers door, just the other three. The key works fine though, but the key will not unlock all the doors, just the drivers door. I've replaced the lock on the front door and the inner electrical switch that's behind the key hole, but didn't help.