The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need a driver seat for my 2004 Galant

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

I need a driver seat for my 2004 Galant

Hi All!

I'm new to this forum, but I'm helping ya'll can help me out. I have a 2004 Galant and the driver seat is broken. My mechanic (whom I trust) is telling me I need to replace the seat and the seat bracket that bolts it to floor of the car. A new seat from Mitsubishi will cost over $1200 - which I refuse to spend. They've been looking for a used seat, but have been unable to find one. I've been looking on eBay and they seem few and far between.

So my question is: will a seat/seat bracket from any 9th gen Galant fit in my 2004? In other words, if I buy a used seat and bracket from a 2005 or 2006 Galant will this fit in my 2004?

Also, if anyone on here happens to have a driver seat that will fit my car that they would be willing to sell, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

I have the exact same issue/question. I have a broken seat back in my '04 and would like to know if any other year models are exact crossovers.

Well if your car is an 04 then it IS 9th gen. The simplest way I am explain it is if the outside of the car looks the same as yours, then the seat will work too along with a lot of other interior components

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMatt209 View Post
    if the outside of the car looks the same as yours, then the seat will work too
    That's what I was hoping to find out - thanks. One of the local junk yards showed only 2004 seats fitting the 2004, so I thought it would be better to check here, with ppl who are likely to know.

04-12 Galants all have the same interior, it's just a matter of whether or not the color/pattern matches.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN