The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MY GALANT WON'T START

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    TGC Regular

MY GALANT WON'T START

my car won't start now. it has been idling under 1k lately. could that have something to do with it? it cranks over but sounds bad when i do it.

ConceptSleeper
    check for AIR, FUEL, and SPARK, make sure theres no obtructions in the intake tract, pull a plug wire off and have someone turn the car over and watch for the spark from the wire to the plug(hold the plug wire close enough to the plug so you can see the spark jump), and turn the ignition on a few times but dont start(to pressurize the fuel system) then open the gas cap and listen for the pssst sound of the released pressure.

Figured id get you to start at the top then go downhill!!

TGC Regular
    yeah, i already did the spark testing thing, and i also tryed adjusting my timing which didn't help at all. but i can't hear the tank turn on when i listen under the car but im gonna try that pssst sound thing with the gas cap tomorrow. this is no good. well, luckily i just sold all my subs so i should have cash to fix it.

at this point its not worth putting anymore money into but if just junk it i lose over $1,500. so i guess i might as well fix it.

Rasko Da Gama
    Fix it buddy. Don't let your G down 8)

ConceptSleeper
    i personally think its gonna be the fuel pump!! just because of mileage and how old the car is if it hasnt been replaced already!! a real killer of the lifespan of a fuel pump----> always running low fuel levels!(i never let it get lower than 1/4 of a tank empty on any of my vehicals!!

TGC Regular
    yup, its the fuel pump, i found out for sure.

so could this be the reason my car has been puttering lately?

ConceptSleeper
    at least you know what it is, those damn diagnostic cost can kill you finacially, i am currently trying to find out what fuel pump upgrade i can do since im sure mine will be out soon as well, maybe from a 3000GT VR4?? not sure but i find out anything ill post it, and the reason for the upgrade is because i am going todo a 4g63T swap!!