The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4L Auto Tranny Filter Change (Spin-on Not present), How to...

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

2.4L Auto Tranny Filter Change (Spin-on Not present), How to...

I bought a 2003 Galant ES 2.4L-Automatic Trans about 1 month ago.

Transmission works pretty good at this point. Previous owner say's he changed Tranny Fluid about 40k Miles ago.

I would like to Change the Tranny Fluid. Unfortunately I do not see a Spin-on Tranny Filter, apparently my Model or Year doesn't have the spin-on.

Being there is no Spin-on Filter I would like to change the Internal Tranny Filter.

How difficult a Job would changing the Internal Filter be ? (any Video's of such job would be greatly helpful)

Thanks

Unless you plan on removing the transmission and taking it apart, the filter cannot be changed.

Link provided for reference: http://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/GR00007300-23B.pdf

It's on page 12, callout #33

Nice avatar btw!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Thank You for the Reply.

That is kind of what I was afraid of, which then makes little sense why a spin-on filter is not present.

So a complete professional fluid Flush is what I will do for sure.

For added cleaning I added a Pint can of Hydra Trans Tune https://seafoamsales.com/7-things-to...ra-trans-tune/ I put that in last Sunday. I deliver pizza 5 days a week. So a week of a good sum of Miles with the Trans Tune, then on the 24th I'll have a Pro Fluid Flush. I'd like to re-add a new can of Trans Tune to the new Fluid, wonder if the Shop will do that for me.

I've always had good luck with Trans Tune so am not afraid to use it.

Geez I sure wish a spin-on filter was present, someone dropped the ball on that one.

Thanks again for the Reply

BTW Go Wild ! :)