The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Should I try to fix the paint or buy a new bumper?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Should I try to fix the paint or buy a new bumper?

My bumpers both have pretty bad paint chips in them and paint transfer from when someone backed into me. Would it be smarter to buy all the materials to fix the paint,or should I just buy new bumpers?i was thinking about buying a body kit but I'm not sure what would be smarter 🤷🏽*♂️
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

Either way, you would need to paint them to match. If there's no damage to your bumpers then it would be cheaper to paint them yourself. If you have broken tabs like my bumper has, then you're better off getting new ones. If you go that route, it would be the perfect opportunity to get the body kit. Eventually I plan on getting a VR4 kit, in fiberglass if possible, figure it's less weight lol

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

My rear number has a hole about a little bigger than the size of a quarter. And my front bumper hangs off a little bit in the corner,don't know if that means anything. I might just go with getting a new kit since there's no better time than now lol. And rims, since taxes are actually looking good this year

Yeah, you probably have some broken tabs. I'm holding my front bumper together with zip ties because of the tabs haha I can't wait to do my taxes. If I get enough back, I'm gonna get a header, cold air, VR4 front bumper, and some paint.

I'm gonna (hopefully) start on performance modifications next year. I don't have the knowledge or money right now to start working under the hood but hopefully I will next year for now I'll just start with cosmetics. I can't wait for performance mods though I've seen everyone's build threads and I get jealous hearing their turbo G's 🤤
    Paint will be the last cosmetic thing I do since it's so expensive

Right on. For me, I like performance mods first, it adds insult to injury when someone loses to a car that looks like crap lol I'd love to convert mine to AWD and turbo it. But that won't be for a loooooong time

If I had the income I'd already be collecting part for a 5 spd swap and turbo lol and yeah I'd love to make my car a sleeper for a while haha

When I had my old 77 280Z, a lot of people wanted to race me, even stock 2000s Impalas, so a sleeper is nice to have.

Yeah a lot of people want to race me cause of the big ass wing I have on my car (the previous owner put it on) and surprisingly I've beat most of them even with everything in my car stock

I got rear-ended so I'm in the same predicament lol.

If you're in a budget-tight situation, you can wait for a Galant in the same color to pop up in a junkyard which is what I'm doing.

If you get aftermarket, you still have to repaint it..

02' Galant ES 2.4L

I think I might do what you're doing then. I've always wanted to put a mugen lip on mine anyway

Be careful with bodykits, they're high maintenance and even if they are "bolt on" I almost guarantee you'll need to make adjustments. I agree with adding a lip to the car, I always wanted to add one but decided to wait till I could lower it. Which never happened.. haha
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Be careful with bodykits, they're high maintenance and even if they are "bolt on" I almost guarantee you'll need to make adjustments. I agree with adding a lip to the car, I always wanted to add one but decided to wait till I could lower it. Which never happened.. haha
    ^I second that. I recently got my duraflex Zenki/PFL VR4 front bumper and its going to need a good amount of work. I knew what was coming before buying it lollll, I'll be posting pictures soon. I recommend that you be comfortable with fiberglass(frp) fabrication with any low cost frp bodykits.

02' Galant ES 2.4L

Yeah I think I'll just go with the lip install then lol. Lowering will come after I get some rims

Quote Originally Posted by trougtyr View Post
    Yeah I think I'll just go with the lip install then lol. Lowering will come after I get some rims
    You rolling on steelies right now?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    You rolling on steelies right now?
    Unfortunately,they're ugly as shit

May have found some 17's though waiting for the guy to message me back