The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P0171 p0300

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

P0171 p0300

I recently started getting P0300(random misfire) and P0171(Bank 1 Lean, I have a 2.4). I'm guessing that one of them might be causing the other. I have about 3000 miles of some NGK VPower plugs, and a little over that on the wires. I've been busy moving into a new apartment, so I haven't messed with it, but I'll play with it a little today probably. With my luck, the fuel filter will be clogged haha! Eventually I need to replace the Cat and hook up the EGR connector(broke a wire when replacing the intake manifold) though I doubt those would cause the main codes I'm concerned about. Anyone else have to deal with these codes before?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Found the problem. The intake manifold I got from Pick A Part broke, and was way worse than the last one. This one sheared right off behind the throttle body flange. I'll post pics in the morning. This time, I got the warranty. I'll try looking around for an Outlander mani since those are much better.

Looks like you should look into the Outlander manifold swap. The cast aluminum is much better in the area where it tends to Crack on the 8g.

When my money gets better, I plan on investing in that. I'm getting tired of swapping intakes.....

I've similar situation with regard to recently have check engine light (CEL) come on (02 Galant ES V6).
    Would like to know if a member might know what PINS / terminals, on OBD2 Data Link Connector (located under dash on drivers right side), I would jump to have check engine light flash codes. Thought it might be PINS 1 and 4 or 4 and 9. Don't want to jump incorrect ones. Photo showing connector and which PINS / terminals would be greatly appreciated (top row / bottom row).
    Prior to having the CHL come on, was experiencing slow cranking when starting vehicle. Battery and alternator test good. Negative battery cable / ground to chassis appear good as well. Cable going to starter seems good as far as I can tell, although has small amount of oil on it which I cleaned of as best as I could from underneath vehicle. Thought it might be starter rely located in fuse box (40 Amp) in engine compartment on drivers side. Removed it and obviously engine does not crank. I reinstalled and engine slowly cranks as before.
    Now, when I turn key, nothing happens unless I quickly turn key back and forth to get engine to slowly crank. Engine does not stall when running. Thought perhaps it's a bad winding on starter, so I ordered a starter. I will replace the starter relay as well before installing starter to see if that might be causing the issue, but feel it's the starter or perhaps ignition itself or sensor has become defective. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by GSpeed; 03-02-2017 at 04:46 AM