The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No signal flash when unlocking

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

No signal flash when unlocking

Starting about a month ago, completely unprovoked, when I hit the unlock button on my key fob, neither the front nor rear turn signals flash anymore. Everything else is unchanged; doors still unlock, etc, so it's not urgent but I'd rather not let this go unchecked.

Is this an indication of a bad fuse, or that the remote battery is going out, something else maybe?

Thoughts welcome.

03 V6 LS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaB

If you still have your owners manual, I think it says in there that there's a method to get it to honk and flash lights. I'll look in the FSM to see if it says anything there.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

This is what the FSM says:

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

does a 2000 mitsubishi galant es have a fob it has power locks should it have one or not and oh yeah umm check the wire for any loose connections or a short in the wire if no loose connections the wiring could need to be replaced

I kind of doubt it's wiring if the rest of the functions still work, It could be but it would definitely be the last thing I check since wiring is such a PITA. Do the signals still function when you use your hazards and turn signals independently?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by redliptus View Post
    does a 2000 mitsubishi galant es have a fob it has power locks should it have one or not and oh yeah umm check the wire for any loose connections or a short in the wire if no loose connections the wiring could need to be replaced
    It could have had a fob. I don't remember where the box is for the fob but there's a way to know. Search the forums and find out.

OP did you solve your issue?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

No signal flash when unlocking

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedtheGinger View Post
    This is what the FSM says:

Sorry guys, apparently I disabled app notifications. @BigRed you nailed it, thanks dude. For anyone looking for a recap:

The horn and the hazard flash can separately be enabled/disabled when locking your car. The same goes for unlocking. There are 2 different methods to alter the "feedback responses", one with a scanner tool, one with just the key fob. For every method under every condition, see Big Red's pics. The method to enable/disable the hazard flash upon unlock (with just the fob) is as follows:

Hold unlock for 4-10 seconds. While still holding unlock, press and hold lock. Immediately following, first release unlock, then release lock. You'll hear 1 or 2 beeps confirming that the hazard flash is enabled or disabled, respectively.

Apparently I hit some buttons on accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaB