The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New stereo won't turn on

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

New stereo won't turn on

I wired my new stereo using a wiring harness. I left the blue cable from the stereo untouched because there wasn't one on the harness. My friend told me to wire the blue and yellow from the stereo with the yellow on the harness and it still won't turn on. All of them are wired and heat shrinked tight so I don't see why it won't turn on. Can someone please help me
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

Would the old one turn on before you did this swap? Not sure if this matter, or if you are doing this already, I am putting my black wire (ground) to the screw that holds the head unit in the back. And I didn't wire up my blue wire either, I thought that's for when there is an aftermarket amp, which I don't have...

Yep it was the stock one it worked just fine

Fuse blown? Yellow to yellow, a good ground, and no loose connector plugs should make it power on...

Blue - Antenna Remote
    Blue with White Stripe - Amplifier Remote Turn-on
    http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com...lor-standards/

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-7001...s=metra+galant
    This is the harness adapter I used so I wouldn't have to chop up the car's harness.

02' Galant ES 2.4L

It may be the fuse. I'm gonna check later today,I was trying to do it all while watching my son last night. Fingers crossed I can make it work today

I haven't checked the fuse yet but I just put my old stereo back in and it won't work. That definitely means the fuse,right?anyone know which one? I can't find the owners manual to download

Quote Originally Posted by trougtyr View Post
    I haven't checked the fuse yet but I just put my old stereo back in and it won't work. That definitely means the fuse,right?anyone know which one? I can't find the owners manual to download
    I believe that the panel that you have to pop out to access the interior fuses should have a diagram on the back side of it. If you still need it in a few hours, I can send a pic of my OM fuse diagram.

02' Galant ES 2.4L

Yeah can you send that? My fiancé and I are at the gym then I'm gonna drop her off and go to autozone for a new fuse

Man idk what's wrong I checked the fuses and they're all okay and my stock stereo works if you wiggle it. Idk what that means is wrong then