The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ebay 4cyl catback exhaust fits v6 just fine!

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Ebay 4cyl catback exhaust fits v6 just fine!

I just installed one of these stainless steel, super low price ebay 4cyl cat-back kits. - I can confirm that it bolts up perfectly for the v6. Every part, including exhaust tip, aligned perfectly. The sound is not raspy, but does have some drone on the interstate. (nothing like a mustang though)

I'm sorry that I cannot post pictures, I was more focused on getting it finished before dark today.

I don't know if this fitment situation is common knowledge around here or not, but I am just trying to be helpful, since I was at a loss to find a cat back for the GTZ within
    a reasonable price range. :)

The tip of the exhaust is right where it should be, in all directions. The hangers fit perfectly. No forcing anything; no contact with the body or deadaxle in the rear.

I took the time to go buy some stainless hardware for the mounting as well, but you don't really have to.

Later !

I have the 4cyl, but that sounds like something worth looking into. Do you have a link to the seller?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Since my auction ended and I can no longer find the listing; I have to say it is most like this one . <-- link

It is super affordable. That is about the exact amount I payed for mine. I am pretty sure all the different sellers are vending the same product under different names.

Ah ok, cool.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

That exhaust will fit on a 9G galant correct?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Well do u think it would fit is my question apologies lol

Good catch on that. Used to have to modify Eclipse exhaust if we wanted something aftermarket. But for future reference, from the cat back there's not a difference, so of course it'll fit. ;)
    Not giving you any shit, I appreciate you pointing that out. Might pull the trigger at that price and see.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

OK thanks alot I'm a newb to this so my questions might sound pretty laughable. Appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by tysone.walker View Post
    OK thanks alot I'm a newb to this so my questions might sound pretty laughable. Appreciate the help

I'm sorry man I didn't see your posts as I typed my response to the others. Your car may be able to use it but I'm unsure. Look at your stock exhaust and see.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    I'm sorry man I didn't see your posts as I typed my response to the others. Your car may be able to use it but I'm unsure. Look at your stock exhaust and see.

Lol oh ok I'm a check it out I just don't wanna buy it to find out it doesn't fit. Do you know any common cat back they use for the 9G

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    Good catch on that. Used to have to modify Eclipse exhaust if we wanted something aftermarket. But for future reference, from the cat back there's not a difference, so of course it'll fit. ;)
    Not giving you any shit, I appreciate you pointing that out. Might pull the trigger at that price and see.

Haha, its cool man. I had no idea that they were the same from the cat back. I kept trying to find out if it would fit by looking at exhaust diagrams on google; and just bit the bullet while crossing my fingers hoping my estimations were right. Maybe I should have posted my question somewhere around here. Search turned up a bunch of stuff, and I could not for the life of me make a solid determination if it would fit from the information I found. But looks like it did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEternalConflict View Post
    Haha, its cool man. I had no idea that they were the same from the cat back. I kept trying to find out if it would fit by looking at exhaust diagrams on google; and just bit the bullet while crossing my fingers hoping my estimations were right. Maybe I should have posted my question somewhere around here. Search turned up a bunch of stuff, and I could not for the life of me make a solid determination if it would fit from the information I found. But looks like it did.
    That's how you hot rod, buddy. :) But yeah, you can always start a new post. It doesn't hurt anything.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Hope you guys know (or not) I made a thread on this back in 2009.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=Ebay+catback

Even had pics and a long term review. You're welcome

- - - Updated - - -

Update: 2017 and the eBay catback still holds strong. 8 years and counting lol!

I'm still uncertain from your thread as to why it didn't fit without modification. Mine fit without any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEternalConflict View Post
    I'm still uncertain from your thread as to why it didn't fit without modification. Mine fit without any changes.
    Bruh, its been 8 years since my install they could of made some tweeks over the years.

That sounds reasonable.

Just ordered one myself. Now if only they had decent headers for a reasonable price.

When you install, can you take some pictures? I didn't take any during my install. It would probably help people more than my post without pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by tysone.walker View Post
    Lol oh ok I'm a check it out I just don't wanna buy it to find out it doesn't fit. Do you know any common cat back they use for the 9G

Bro I got 9g too. I'm looking to get one of these as well. Please let me know if it fits. Thanks..

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk