The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Injen or AEM?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    notashamed6

Injen or AEM?

I've been thinking about getting a CAI for my 99 4cyl ES but don't know what to get. I know alot of you guys have bought the Injen Race Division, but I have also read that some have the AEM made for the eclipse and it works. Any up or downs for either? Which AEM is it that fits?

Alister_McRae
    The AEM made for the 99-02 eclipse fits just fine. I have the injen race division, and it works great! But to tell you the truth, their really both the same as far as performance goes. If there is a difference in hp, its like .000001. So the choice is really deciding which style you like better.

I agree with Alister_McRae. Same shit different companies. You will be happy with either one.
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

umm AEM comes with bypass valve for to prevent from water coming into the engine,, and AEM also has much clearance to the battery here is some pic to prove what i am talking about,, if you dont believe me ask Reelax,, his Injen had whole cause of lack of clearance to the battery,, here is pic.

AEM with much better clearance to the battery.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Tiptronic
    my injen has great clearance

i havent had any problems with mine either.
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>umm AEM comes with bypass valve for to prevent from water coming into the engine,, and AEM also has much clearance to the battery here is some pic to prove what i am talking about,, Â*if you dont believe me ask Reelax,, his Injen had whole cause of lack of clearance to the battery,, here is pic.

AEM with much better clearance to the battery.</div>
    Thats exactly what happen to mine before, luckily my engine didnt blow up running nitrous w/ that :shock:
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

I read an article on May's Import Tuner about several named brand of intakes & they tested it on the new RSX! Most of those companies send 2 versions; CAI & a short ram excluding Injen w/c only send their short ram one.
    To my surprise from the results on the dyno Injen was on the top of the short ram list adding almost 10 hp only followed by AEM & for the CAI it was AEM that tops the list + 20 hp followed by DC Sports + 19.5 hp
    They even made some experiments by changing filters w/ some other companies, & guess who was on top again :?: Injen tube & Jackson Racing air filters...
    I wonder what could have been the #'s of the RD :?:
    For complete details just get the 50th issue of Import Tuner!!!
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

8ggalant

?

i havent had any problems with my injens clearance either

may be its who ever had Deeper yellow top battery,, that might be the prob,, yo fabolous u got stock battery or yellow top one.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Alister_McRae
    I dunno, i think that gains between the AEM and injen are relatively the same. I wouldnt spend to much time on an intake, it's just minor hp. Besides, were talking about a galant here, not a sports car.

Nothing to do with the battery..........All the newer versions don't rub!!!!!!!! You are talking about the very first versions which is a long time ago....
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

leadfoot
    how much for the AEM CAI and bypass vavle?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much for the AEM CAI and bypass vavle?</div>

$25 to $45 bucks top,, depend on where u get it from.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>umm AEM comes with bypass valve for to prevent from water coming into the engine,, and AEM also has much clearance to the battery here is some pic to prove what i am talking about,, Â*if you dont believe me ask Reelax,, his Injen had whole cause of lack of clearance to the battery,, here is pic.

Ughhh before you start scaring members with big pictures, you need to get the facts straight. that intake Reelax and I both had. That was the first gen Injen Cold air intake and yes it rubbed on the battery tie down but if you slipped a peice of intake hose around the long screw thing you will not have that problem. They don't even sale those anymore. The intakes they have now are all top quality and do not even come close. I actually prefer the Injen CAI and yes the bypass valve will fit with the Injen CAI it is even varified by Injen themselves on their website. I see no difference in the AEM and the Injen except price. Anyway I think you will find most on this website use Injen. I like both. The only reason I went with Injen instead of AEM is because I wanted to do my friend a favor because he needed the business and he is a Injen dealer.

P.S.
    By the way I am selling my injen race division cai, if interested go to the "for sell" forum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TOC8G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>umm AEM comes with bypass valve for to prevent from water coming into the engine,, and AEM also has much clearance to the battery here is some pic to prove what i am talking about,, Â*if you dont believe me ask Reelax,, his Injen had whole cause of lack of clearance to the battery,, here is pic.

Ughhh before you start scaring members with big pictures, you need to get the facts straight. that intake Reelax and I both had. That was the first gen Injen Cold air intake and yes it rubbed on the battery tie down but if you slipped a peice of intake hose around the long screw thing you will not have that problem. They don't even sale those anymore. The intakes they have now are all top quality and do not even come close. I actually prefer the Injen CAI and yes the bypass valve will fit with the Injen CAI it is even varified by Injen themselves on their website. I see no difference in the AEM and the Injen except price. Anyway I think you will find most on this website use Injen. I like both. The only reason I went with Injen instead of AEM is because I wanted to do my friend a favor because he needed the business and he is a Injen dealer.

P.S.
    By the way I am selling my injen race division cai, if interested go to the "for sell" forum.</div>

oh i am really sorry for that info,, cause i rem someone had told me about it when i picking out intake,,, :oops:

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh i am really sorry for that info,, cause i rem someone had told me about it when i picking out intake,,, :oops:</div>
    Now I'm scarred...SCARRED I TELL YOU!!! But I prefer AEM anyway, those overpriced pieces of hardware at least are guaranteed to have few problems...they're like arcade games. They usually don't crash...but it can happen (we managed to crash the Marvel vs Capcom machine).
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

you don't ahve to worry about the injen's rubbing. unless you are buying it used. the new injen design is has been out for like a year. but if you did want to distinguish between the two. two quick ways. look at the fitting @ the throttle body. the old injen's had just a straight connector. the new ones have a 90 degree connector. if you look at the MAS adaptor. on the old injens it was a big 4.5 inch adaptor. on the new ones its a shiny millet alluminum 3 inch? connector.

as for which to choose. close your eyes and pick? the injen has lots of shiny things with it. especially with the CAI. injen has the heat shield on the CAI and both short ram and cai have the billet MAS adaptor.

the aem on the other hand has the bypass valve. yea people have said that the bypass valve will fit on the injen but aem will only guarantee it if its on an aem. so yea if for some reason it fails on ur non aem intake aem won't honor their guarantee.

prices for the two are pretty much the same. you just have to shop around. adventon.com i think has one of the lowest prices i've seen on the cai's. the short rams are going out at around 100 dollars.

color choices, both aem and injen are available in different colors and finishes. that might help u with ur diceisions.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by K h O p A r I
    may be its who ever had Deeper yellow top battery,, that might be the prob,, yo fabolous u got stock battery or yellow top one.
    Well it was about time to change my battery (stock) back then & switched w/ the optima red top.
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

m1k3 r0ck3t

OK, I did the search...

I know I want the AEM CIA for my I4...but I want to know the best price and where. Can someone throw me some URLs?