The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help! While painting valve cover noticed this.

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Help! While painting valve cover noticed this.

Well my valve cover gasket was leaking a bit so I thought it would be a good time to replace it with a nice one and finally paint my valve cover while I'm at it. Well the painting part came out just as I wanted, but while I was looking around in my head, I noticed one of the clips on my rocker shaft is missing. Causing the rocker on the right of it to slightly move back and forth.

So my question is one, where do you guys recommend getting another clip, but most importantly, where did the other one go!? This is the first time I've removed the cover and looked at the valves since getting my 8G, so I'm really hoping this hasn't always been like this, or it fell off and in my oil system? All kinda troubling to me. Any advice on what I should do next? I'm hesitant to bolt it all back together without addressing this issue. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look directly under where that clip is supposed to be. A machine shop fucked up on a head, and that's where my clips went. You can try a junkyard or online(rockauto maybe). A dealer should have it, but probably more expensive.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedtheGinger View Post
    Look directly under where that clip is supposed to be. A machine shop fucked up on a head, and that's where my clips went. You can try a junkyard or online(rockauto maybe). A dealer should have it, but probably more expensive.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Im gonna look around in there and see if I can find it laying in there. I went to 3 shops and no one could order it, so I hit a pick a part and found one that looks brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk