The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ecu Problem

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Ecu Problem

So my 94galantgs ecu has fried on me. My girl just wants to junk the car. I want to find an ecu but it's damn near impossible I do have a 92 gst ecu. Connections are different. My toughts have been going 4g63t.. The problem is that I'm good with car but suck at anything that involves alot of wiring. Any help is gladly appreciated

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    You can swap to a 1G turbo ECU but the would need it to be an EPROM so you can run DSM link to tune it with no turbo. The GS is factory DOHC and very similar to the DSM computers as they have the same ignition style and almost all of the same sensors.

The other issue is the ECUs don't just fry for no reason. Bad grounds or a bad sensor that caused something to go wrong or even a leaking cap are reasons for failure. I would really look into why it failed.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by 94galantgs View Post
    So my 94galantgs ecu has fried on me. My girl just wants to junk the car. I want to find an ecu but it's damn near impossible I do have a 92 gst ecu. Connections are different. My toughts have been going 4g63t.. The problem is that I'm good with car but suck at anything that involves alot of wiring. Any help is gladly appreciated
    you can also try finding RVR and Evo 2-3 ECU as they are plug & play. of course the Evo 2-3 ECU will require resocketed for a new EPROM if you don't plan on boosting the car. also search car-parts.com for ecu for the GS. their are some available.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

To be clear...you have a GS? I have a ECU for the SOHC. Not sure if that will work or not. Let me know if you think it will

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"