The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Retrofit projectors and blacked out housings

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Retrofit projectors and blacked out housings

Over the weekend I finally had time to retrofit my projectors and black out the housings turned out pretty good I think.

http://imgur.com/VkTX52B

Wow, that looks really cool!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

How!? I want projectors in my galant so bad. How can I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMatt209 View Post
    How!? I want projectors in my galant so bad. How can I do that?
    Retrofit them!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

How do I go about that? Is there a video or something?

Videos are all over YouTube, it's pretty universal for all headlights.. Go to the retrofit source website and then get what you need. Then take the lens off the housing, install the protector and whatever else you want. Reattach the housing. Not hard but can be easy to mess up.

Or buy them premade: LINK

I got the spec D ones, They were good for what they were but now that I've done my own retrofit on a Honda I wish I would have just done that for the G as well. Here's my old thread with both the Spec D headlights on the G and the finished product of a retrofit on my Accord. LINK
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 05-10-2017 at 02:17 PM

Looks great!

I used the retrofit source really high quality parts. Then I used a heat gun to separate the lens and body of the headlight. The chrome is a separate piece that unscrews and is very easy to paint. The hardest part is just getting the headlight off the car and then getting the lens off. But I had to use a relay for my high beams because I went to a h1 build which is a single bulb and not a separate high and low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic147862 View Post
    I went to a h1 build which is a single bulb and not a separate high and low.
    I did the same, I did not have to use a relay though? Mine came with a shield that just flips down when the highs are activated. The retrofit source is good shit, I plan on getting all my stuff from there in the future as wel.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I did the same, I did not have to use a relay though? Mine came with a shield that just flips down when the highs are activated. The retrofit source is good shit, I plan on getting all my stuff from there in the future as wel.
    Huh that's weird my low beams would turn off when I hit the high beams so I used a relay to make the low beams always on if the high beams were on too. But yeah it was the most reliable website I could find with the best specs so I could plan everything perfectly.