The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blue's Triple Build Thread!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 58 of 58
    Also, working on cutting the exhaust off of the engine in the eclipse parts car, because that's all that's holding it in and the bolts are shit. So hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to yank that out with a forklift, and have three engines on pallets in my yard. Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Happy 4th of July, TGC! Today's update brought to you by the letter F, for fuck this eclipse! Got every single thing pulled off of it, and all that's left is to yank the engine and trans and haul her off.
    Also got a lead on a Diamante parts car for a stupid price, so I'm going to look at it on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to tow that home and have yet another piece of my many growing puzzles.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Today, I was visited by the parts fairy! Wiper blades, tie rods and ball joints, axle seals, pump seal, crank seal, spark plugs, plug wires, exhaust manifold gasket, oil filter, belts, and transmission fluid for the 4 cylinder car. All of this wasn't that expensive from Rockauto, so I advise anybody who needs a quick part to check them out.
    God, I'm starting to sound like an ad on tv about this place. Either way, progress! Pulling the engine out of the eclipse in a little while and then I will be heading off to get tires for the rims for 4banger, then who knows? Maybe some transmission love too. It's 94 today, not a great day to spend outside.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Despite it being a hot day, I still managed to forklift the engine out of the eclipse, and load it up on the trailer. Also managed to make it a mid-engined boxer Eclipse, so that's a world first too. I'll be hauling this car off first thing in the morning, so if anyone needs any random bits off of it speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Also, I have a great 3.0 for sale if anyone needs it. ;)

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Nice idea with the paint on the body trim pieces!

Love the midengine Eclipse lol. I can't really see if you did it or not, but if you didn't yet, I'd strip all the wiring from the eclipse. OEM plugs and wires are priceless.

I pulled the entire main harness,fusebox and all. Pulled the ECU harness too because racecar. Left the body harness because I still have two Galants to strip.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Managed to weigh out 2440lbs for what was left of that car, not too bad. Took home around $100, which is great because I'm picking up an entire Diamante for $250 on Sunday

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I have a compulsion.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Does anyone here have experience with doing the Diamante dash swap? I'm going to try it out on Deja and I'd like to talk to someone with experience.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I think I've been here before,
    I think I've run into you,
    I know the things that you do,
    'Cause this is déjÃ* vu.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

So we changed out the defective ECU in Deja for a good one, and now she runs like a champ! Still have to sort out the egr tube issue, can't see a way to remove it without taking the abs distribution block out. Maybe someone here will have insight on that one.
    But yeah, hooked it up and drove it to get the baby from my in-laws after a day at the dragon, didn't even skip once.
    Also, my JDM tails came today, got to give the guy credit, they were here in just over a week. White2k3's guy Randy even provided a good tracking number and everything. No more usdm for me!

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

What's the problem with the EGR tube? If it's junk, you can just cut it with a dremel as close to the exh. mani as you can and slip a socket on it. If you are deleting it leave some tubing than you can plug it with a nice tight fitting bolt and some jbweld on the threads and it will never leak.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    What's the problem with the EGR tube? If it's junk, you can just cut it with a dremel as close to the exh. mani as you can and slip a socket on it. If you are deleting it leave some tubing than you can plug it with a nice tight fitting bolt and some jbweld on the threads and it will never leak.
    The plate going to the intake manifold came off somehow, and I'm trying to replace the whole thing. I don't know why I didn't think to just cut it, I feel like a dumbass. The second problem would then become how do I tighten the new one?

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Well, got the dash back together after swapping the ecu and everything. Which is great because I hate an ugly interior. Had a few issues, but applied new seals to all of the HVAC parts and the car has nice cold air now.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Also, anybody have one of these laying around?

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

You mean the whole trim piece? I have 2 sets of complete 2002 Carbon Twist trim sets for sale if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    The plate going to the intake manifold came off somehow, and I'm trying to replace the whole thing. I don't know why I didn't think to just cut it, I feel like a dumbass. The second problem would then become how do I tighten the new one?

Instead of taking out the abs drop the rear cat, that should give you enough room - tightening is always easier than loosening a bolt like that. Or since you have a Diamante parts car, did you consider doing the Diamante manifold+throttle body conversion? That would be a good excuse to eliminate the EGR pipe :)

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    You mean the whole trim piece? I have 2 sets of complete 2002 Carbon Twist trim sets for sale if you are interested.

Instead of taking out the abs drop the rear cat, that should give you enough room - tightening is always easier than loosening a bolt like that. Or since you have a Diamante parts car, did you consider doing the Diamante manifold+throttle body conversion? That would be a good excuse to eliminate the EGR pipe :)
    I may come to you for the twist trim on repo, but I want to go with the wood trim for this car. Wife and I talked about it and we agree it looks tight for this car. Naturally, the one I don't have any of. Lol.
    That entire 3.5 is gonna go in repo, so I have to keep the manifold with that engine. :( Otherwise I would have already!
    Im keeping my eye out for one at the junkyard though, because Deja is going to stay 3.0 N/A and be a normal daily. Lol

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123