The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to: 98-01 Integra Lip install!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

How to: 98-01 Integra Lip install!

As requested, I'm doing the stupid simple write up on this. :) It's literally only like three steps. Thank me later. ;)

Okay, so step one, MEASURE!
    Measure your lip and get familiar with the center of it. The center portion of the lip is 6.5" longer than the center portion of the bumper, so you'll have to trim it down to get it to fit. You need to remove equal amounts from both sides, so the lip doesn't look lopsided. Which brings me to step two.

CUT!

I would suggest trying a couple of different tools before you settle on a cutting tool, because it's a pretty soft plastic, and I ended up actually cutting it by hand with a razor blade. Cut equal lengths off of the center part, until you have a perfect fit in your bumpers main opening. You'll have to cut at an angle to get a good flush fit, otherwise the hole will look ghetto.

Step three is TRIM.

Trim the small place in front of the sides of the main opening, so the lip sits flush against the bumper. This polyurethane is soft enough that with a little trim, the lip should look very good. The edges, directly below the fog lights, actually do not sit flush with the bumper, but if done correctly also do not have a gap. I personally chose not to pin this down to the bumper, because I like the way it looks. You may do as you wish.

FINAL STEP: INSTALL

Good job, grasshopper. You have followed directions to the last step. This one is simple.
    Using 3m double sided tape, apply tape to the inside of the lip in the center, and press down firmly. You can choose to also apply screws (I did).
    Now place screws in the ends of the lip, inside the fender well along the edge of the bumper. And boom, you're done! You can put more screws or tape if you want, but that's up to you.
    Enjoy!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Thanks blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

Pics? It helps if I can see the parts you are talking about when you are describing what to do with them. I figured it out after I went back and saw your pic of the lip installed.

I plan on going back and taking pictures, but it was dark after I finished my door panel

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

No problem. Was just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk