The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help please with my 2003

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    03gsedan

Need help please with my 2003

hey everyone brand newbie here
    from florida reaching out to hopefully get a bullseye solution for "pretty darned damp at driver's front floormat & carpet area"

* 03 ES model 2.4 no Sunroof * i use my a/c
    nonstop

+ it rains where i live but since i've owned it, rain has been pretty scarce to be honest so i'm really stumped by my dilemma +

no odor of coolant/antifreeze

my door seals seem great

my a/c works ice cold & the a/c condensation drip tube flows like a champ where it should underneath car

?!?!? please help me y'all i can't understand it

i've seen some references to same/similar problem online but the details we're fuzzy at best & i'm twistin in the wind with this one
    --------
    LOVE my galant (it's bone stock except for basic audio improve)

thx everybody

y'all are great -- had a wheels question the other night right after i joined the site/forum & got good help immediately ---- so Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by 03gsedan View Post
    no Sunroof
    Damn that was my first guess.. I actually had to fix the issue of the sunroof drain being routed into the footwell of my 02 Accord.. IDK how that got their but it explains why the floor was always wet for me haha. I don't remember exactly for a Galant, but I do know there are drains from the windshield wipers to the ground, is that clogged and maybe somehow getting through the firewall?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by 03gsedan View Post
    hey everyone brand newbie here
    from florida reaching out to hopefully get a bullseye solution for "pretty darned damp at driver's front floormat & carpet area"

* 03 ES model 2.4 no Sunroof * i use my a/c
    nonstop

+ it rains where i live but since i've owned it, rain has been pretty scarce to be honest so i'm really stumped by my dilemma +

no odor of coolant/antifreeze

my door seals seem great

my a/c works ice cold & the a/c condensation drip tube flows like a champ where it should underneath car

?!?!? please help me y'all i can't understand it

i've seen some references to same/similar problem online but the details we're fuzzy at best & i'm twistin in the wind with this one
    --------
    LOVE my galant (it's bone stock except for basic audio improve)

thx everybody

y'all are great -- had a wheels question the other night right after i joined the site/forum & got good help immediately ---- so Thanks again
    Right?! This is the spot, these guys are awesome and know waaaaaay more than any dealership or even mitsu techs. Especially as these cars get older, this is the one stop answer shop and everyone is so willing to offer up and help out. Stick around it gets better, just wait till u need some broken obscure part or something, lol, they have hooked me up a couple times throughout the years and I have tried to return the favor.
    Welcome, nice to see ppl still signing up :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have the same problem been happening for months still can't figure out why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk if this helps you but check the plastic sheet behind the door panel my driver speaker was soaked because of it and not a lot of water but some would get in when it rained hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the seal for the evaporator tube at both ends? Just in case some water is leaking back into the car where the tube goes through the firewall?

It's humidity put a sock in your car filled with detergent and the sock will absorb the water. or get different mats