The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick question from newb -- hope i didn't jump the gun & get something that won't fit

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    03gsedan

Quick question from newb -- hope i didn't jump the gun & get something that won't fit

Quick question from newb -- hope i didn't jump the gun & buy something that won't fit

so need some quick help
    got some beautiful oem
    mitsu 3000gt {front wheel drive version}
    16" alloys & hoping they work well
    look decent on my 2003 galant

obviously haven't been able to test fit yet

to describe them they have 6 funky looking spokes almost like a curved spider web type spoke
    I know that's not greatest description so my apologies
    wish i could post image

thx for your help everyone
    i greatly appreciate it

According to this website http://www.wheelsupport.com/mitsubishi-bolt-patterns/ the bolt patterns should be the same, but it looks like they are wider than our OEM wheels. Galant is 15x6 and the 3000 GT is 16x8

I ran 18x8", +46mm offset No problem on my 8G with low profile tires. They should fit fine.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

I'm pretty sure they won't, but I'm not 100%. I know the VR-4 17" and 18" rims do not fit. I have a set of stock chrome 3000GT 16"s at home, I'll check if you haven't found out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

I know I'm new, but I know that they will. I have 3000gt wheels on my 99 eclipse and before that I had the old wheels off my galant on them. Both are 18x8.5, all mitsubishi 5 lug are 114.3 it's only the offset you need to worry about. I have 18x8.5 on my galant right now lowered 3 inches

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't they fit for you? Was it offset or backspace issues? I forgot I have half inch spacers for the brembo calipers in the front

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay23 View Post
    I know I'm new, but I know that they will. I have 3000gt wheels on my 99 eclipse and before that I had the old wheels off my galant on them. Both are 18x8.5, all mitsubishi 5 lug are 114.3 it's only the offset you need to worry about. I have 18x8.5 on my galant right now lowered 3 inches

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't they fit for you? Was it offset or backspace issues? I forgot I have half inch spacers for the brembo calipers in the front
    I HAVE seen 1g 3000GT 16" rims on a 2g eclipse, now that I think about it.
    The issue I had with my 8g and the vr4 rims was definitely offset. The back of the rim hits the strut housing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN