The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vacuum control valve (EGR issue)

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Vacuum control valve (EGR issue)

I changed my EGR solenoid a couple months ago when i got a code for it. Then my IAC a few days ago following a code for it, that same day i got a new code for EGR flow malfunction (P0400). I figured i just needed to replace the EGR valve, so i did that. I still get the code and it still runs rough. I discovered today while cleaning/checking hoses that if i remove the line that runs from the throttle body to the vacuum control valve, my car runs the way it should. My question is, could this mean i need to replace the vacuum control valve? I've included a picture of the line i mentioned removing

Also, is there any harm in running with that line off?

This turns into the problem from hell. Even the dealer has an issue. Here is what I determined after having a similar problem. Mine is a V6.

"Just got back from the dealer and the P0400 code seems to be fixed. The dealer solution to replace the spaghetti tubes in the EGR system has, for the time being, fixed the check engine light. There is a check valve in one of the flexible lines that deteriorated and caused the CEL. The tubes were clear and fee of contaminates and did not contribute to the failure code. If you are having an issue with the EGR, this could be the cause. A check valve is not listed anywhere in the manual. The dealer was not aware of its existence either. Only after more than an hour on the phone with Mitsubishi support was the potential solution identified." I will try to add a picture next.
    Last edited by FooseGalant; 06-05-2017 at 07:05 PM Reason: add photo