The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 03 galant in limp mode

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

03 galant in limp mode

My 03 has been in limp mode for awhile...it won't go past 2500 rpm and srs light is on. I've changed my sensors, solenoids, brake light switch, put a new computer in n reprogrammed it, New tranny, n relays...still can't figure it out...any help?

I assume you have had the vehicle scanned or scoped? Meaning, attempted to identify the source of the issue without guessing?

Tried but the car been sitting for a year or so and we just recently discovered there were burnt wires in my engine harness...so now we gotta fix that before we can turn it on to test if anything we changed fixed it or to run it for codes again. Someone put a rv battery in my car when I was in prison and burnt shit up like assholes

If the issue isn't resolved by replacing battery / harness, check underneath the front seats. Connector may have gotten unplugged. Front end air bag sensor issue?

Can try resetting by disconnecting the battery or removing fuse cover under the hood (drivers side), and pulling the main ECU relay from fuse block, waiting a few seconds and plugging it back in.
    My have to reset using a scan tool to pull existing codes and reset them(or trip to dealership), if issue isn't resolved.

Thank u will check the one under the seat..we changed the fused in the fuse box under the hood and we have to change the whole harness got some burnt wires that run all the way into the dash but will def check the one under the seat

So I have changed everything in this car all the sensors, relays, reverse light switch, brake light switch, transmission, srs, computer reprogrammed, and it still in limp. Idk what else to do.