The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front end links for lowered 2000 V6 Galant

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Front end links for lowered 2000 V6 Galant

I am looking to add front end links to my Megan coil over set up on my V6 Galant. I am getting some knocking during lateral load shift from side to side. The front end link is about 10 3/4" to 11" center to center. The stock ones are at an odd angle. Is there a preferred brand that anybody could recommend? I will also be adding them to the back once I add the coil overs there also.
    Thanks

Ive heard of some people using STI endlinks. Not sure if that would cure your problem though, maybe you should disconnect your sway bar and see if the knocking is still there.

There should be adjustable end links built for the 3G Eclipse.

I am going to try that as I have to disconnect it anyway to get the correct measurement for length when the wheels are on the ground and the suspension is under static load. I can then push the sway bar to a position level with the ground and chassis. I will take the measurement then. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Ive heard of some people using STI endlinks. Not sure if that would cure your problem though, maybe you should disconnect your sway bar and see if the knocking is still there.
    - - - Updated - - -

I am looking at a set of SpeedPro units that are about 275mm. I'll get a more accurate measurement once I have had it on the lift. I'll post the picts and detail soon as I can. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    There should be adjustable end links built for the 3G Eclipse.

I am running KYB (normal ones) with Tein S. Tech on my 2.4 8G, though many others here said I don't need to change mine with the drop I have (f1.7 & r1.3), I still have mine changed.
    Not sure about the STI endlinks, but FYI, this is what I am using, 2 sets for both front and rear:
    https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...inks-universal

I guess it is cheap enough to do the drop :)

When I was first lowered I never changed mines niether. The only down side is the theres alot of pre-load being put on the bar which is fine I guess but usually you dont want to do that when your corner balancing because the pre-loading will change your corner weights and will have a negative effect on your balancing. Thats when adjustable links come into play, you adjust the links after all balancing is done and connect the bar with all four wheels on the ground without any pre-load.

Lol i know i got pretty technical and track-ish on everyone but really for daily driving your fine on oem links. You just have beaware that there gonna wear out quicker. But knocking while lateral movement sounds like another issue, maybe the bar is lose or any other suspension components. Maybe even motor mount thats why i think you should disconnect the bar to narrow it down.

GL

I think Whiteline was the company that made those adjustable endlinks. Though looking at their website, it doesn't appear they have anything listed for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant

Had to bump the project. Home AC died. Just got it back up and running. Thanks for all the great input. Now where did I park that car?